2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removing Tailgate plastic, any hints?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:12 PM
guitarking135
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know for sure I don't believe there is holes behind it if so you can do couple different things one. go to a body shop and get them filled in. or the ghetto way is put some kind of stickers over the holes but I don't think there are cause If I remember right they used the same tailgate on all of the rams. It really wouldn't make sense for them to use a different tailgate

Old 12-22-2008, 04:32 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I took mine off and it looks great, if you really truly look as close as you can you can see a slight difference in the color of paint though from paint fading in the sun. but besides that it looks excellent, and there are definitely no whole behind it.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Bob5151
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarking135
I don't know for sure I don't believe there is holes behind it if so you can do couple different things one. go to a body shop and get them filled in. or the ghetto way is put some kind of stickers over the holes but I don't think there are cause If I remember right they used the same tailgate on all of the rams. It really wouldn't make sense for them to use a different tailgate
Right, there are no holes, there are four horizontal strips of adhesive running the length of the tailgate.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

Thanks guys for all the tips!
I got my heat gun and picked up some fishing line today. Im ready to attempt it again tomorrow.. if I dont have to work my 2nd job that is.

BigDubDiesel, the forum you send to check out just comes up as ******.com could you pm me it? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Removing Tailgate plastic, any hints?