2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Brake fluid flush procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:36 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is old but for others it's been said how to do it. I bled mine like that and just kept bleeding until not only all the air was out but new fluid was coming out. It took me a while on my truck as I had trouble getting the air out but it's super easy. On the car when I changed the calipers which is what I had done on my truck it was like a 10 minute job to bleed them. Much easier as the air came out quickly.

There are also things to help one person do it like speed bleeders or the vacuum pumps. I would like to try speed bleeders but I had a vacuum pump for them and I honestly thought it was easier to just do them with 2 people the old fashioned way. My vacuum pump broke anyway and while I've thought of a new one I haven't gotten one so I just do it the old fashioned way now anyway.

I have heard of the not pumping them as it will blow out seals but from what I've read I Think it was just not to smash the pedal down all the time or something. I forgot what it was but it said one some things just to do it a tad different. It was in how you pressed the petal and I'm not sure if it made a difference or not.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:38 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW I will say on the 06 Accord I did pay the dealer to do it as I just didn't want to mess with it but I Should have done it myself.

Quick Reply: Brake fluid flush procedure?