2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Store Review SFXperformance.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:36 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Store Review SFXperformance.com

So I bought my 14X3 round air intake from a site called SFXperformance.com about 9 days ago, and when I ordered it I chose to get the expedited shipping, 3-4 day shipping. Well even now the product still has not come, even though every day I have said...well, maybe it just didnt get through today...but finally today I reached the end of my line and called the company, I got through, and whoever the a**hole is who took my call mumbled his way through the whole thing, was very hard to understand, and even tried to put off my questions when it came to money back and everything. I was about to ask if I could at least get my money back for the shipping and the guy told me he would call me back before I could even ask about it and hung up...

Now what he said happened was the the order was processed, the product was brought out, and then suddenly my order was just shoved off to the side and ignored is what I got out of it. And from what I can tell is that they took that same product that was in stock when I ordered it and then sold it to someone else so now they dont have any of it in stock and have to call the manufacturer to get it sent to me. Unbelieveable right? and when I asked about getting it sent straight from the manufacturer on their dime to make up for their screw-up and get it here as soon as possible, they said that that was not possible and that they would have to bring it to their store before they could send it. So I thought I would just say screw them, get them to return my money and get it somewhere else.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-21-2009, 05:49 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that blows! prolly some dirty sanchez outfit

Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
vmann
Veteran

go with edelbrock. i just did and its pretty sweet

Old 01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vmann
go with edelbrock. i just did and its pretty sweet
They are all basically the same.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:29 PM
vmann
Veteran

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
They are all basically the same.
but edelbrock is the boss at engine dress up.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vmann
but edelbrock is the boss at engine dress up.
HPMs.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Pike bishop

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
So I bought my 14X3 round air intake from a site called SFXperformance.com about 9 days ago, and when I ordered it I chose to get the expedited shipping, 3-4 day shipping. Well even now the product still has not come, even though every day I have said...well, maybe it just didnt get through today...but finally today I reached the end of my line and called the company, I got through, and whoever the a**hole is who took my call mumbled his way through the whole thing, was very hard to understand, and even tried to put off my questions when it came to money back and everything. I was about to ask if I could at least get my money back for the shipping and the guy told me he would call me back before I could even ask about it and hung up...

Now what he said happened was the the order was processed, the product was brought out, and then suddenly my order was just shoved off to the side and ignored is what I got out of it. And from what I can tell is that they took that same product that was in stock when I ordered it and then sold it to someone else so now they dont have any of it in stock and have to call the manufacturer to get it sent to me. Unbelieveable right? and when I asked about getting it sent straight from the manufacturer on their dime to make up for their screw-up and get it here as soon as possible, they said that that was not possible and that they would have to bring it to their store before they could send it. So I thought I would just say screw them, get them to return my money and get it somewhere else.
Okay first I am the one you spoke with and you have not quite told the real story.. There was No mention of a refund and if you want one, as long as the product has not shipped to you, that is never a problem. Next, I explained to you that at the beginning of the year all levels of inventory are low due to taxes and we were waiting on a stock order and again, that was not an issue with you. I also apologized for the delay at that time.Your order was not taken and then sold to someone else and shoved off to the side. In speaking with the mfg late last night, it was to ship direct to you from them. The order is leaving from them, Spectre,to you today, sorry for the delay. We should have tracking today and it will be emailed to you.You were not hung up on and I did not get any negative feedback from you about the order. I am sorry you felt you were slighted and our company has not been around since 1997 by treating customers the way you felt you were treated. again, I am sorry for the misunderstanding and hope this will help resolve the issue.Also, the $2.25 frt charged has been removed from you order that you were charged for shipping..Pike

Old 01-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Rex-TheDOGG
Captain

Wow, I'm not quite sure what to think of that exchange! Kinda creeeeeeepy, lol. Well, at least you are getting your parts. Glad to see the vendors read these forums too.

Quick Reply: Store Review SFXperformance.com