2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sct tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:28 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

links to places that sell them duh lol. i'm sure there is a few thing on here about putting them in.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:34 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lastrights
to 4:10 gears ??? lol i want them now. thanks silver for wanting something else lol .
here you go just think its only a ride down the turn pike!
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/1005448853.html

Old 01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
96smokestack
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpnorris87
Thats funny b/c the only way to get your truck to run right with any of the mods you mentioned you have to have a tuner like the SCT. You can make naturally aspirated 390hp at the crank with the 5.9 with heads, cam, and intake. Just gotta have the money to do it.
You don't NEED tuning software for nitrous, but it is a plus. Obviously for a blower or turbo you would need a tuner. The crap I was referring to was RRs, long tubes, etc. Sure you can hit 300+ WHP NA, but you could reach far beyond that HP level with a blower, for FAR less money. But IMO I wouldn't put a blower on a truck anyway. You want Dodge speed, buy a viper or something

Old 01-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Jpnorris87
Professional

Not everyone wants speed. There's more than a few of us out there that just want more power. I know that Im not going to running 12sec runs down at the track with my truck, but hooking onto a 24ft gooseneck trailer and pulling it all the way to Iowa would be nice. I have no use for a blower or NOS, yes it would be cheaper to put a 150 shot system on my truck but what for? I have no use for that, and I like to work on my truck. How long is a stock engine going to last with NOS, or a blower? Headers, modded TB, RR's, tuners dont put the stress on the engine that your methods would. So the engines last longer. Most of the people that are on here, cant afford a viper and cant afford to make their truck into a speed machine either b/c they need their trucks for what they were built for, to be used as trucks. Not to mention how many guys use their Rams for daily drivers. Im not saying you are wrong just saying you way doesnt make sense for all of us to do.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:47 PM
96smokestack
Professional

Originally Posted by Jpnorris87
Headers, modded TB, RR's, tuners dont put the stress on the engine that your methods would. So the engines last longer.
N/A mods don't add AS MUCH stress, but anything other than stock is going to shorten the engines life. Power adders can be safe, if used properly (which most people don't do because they're idiots). Hell, I've been boosting 14lbs through my stock Mustang short block for three years now, and the engine has perfect compression. It's all in the tune.

That being said, I'm not saying N/A mods are pointless. I'm just saying you can gain more power for less money with power adders (if what you want to do is drag).

Best bang for your buck N/A wise would be gears. Slap on some 4.56 gears and it'll pull quite nicely

Old 01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i like acceleration, not speed lol i just want my truck faster than chevys and fords thats all lol

Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Jpnorris87
Professional

Originally Posted by 96smokestack
N/A mods don't add AS MUCH stress, but anything other than stock is going to shorten the engines life. Power adders can be safe, if used properly (which most people don't do because they're idiots). Hell, I've been boosting 14lbs through my stock Mustang short block for three years now, and the engine has perfect compression. It's all in the tune.

That being said, I'm not saying N/A mods are pointless. I'm just saying you can gain more power for less money with power adders (if what you want to do is drag).

Best bang for your buck N/A wise would be gears. Slap on some 4.56 gears and it'll pull quite nicely
Ill see what you are saying. But most of the bolt ons mentioned arent really power adders, they just make the engine run more efficiently which in turn makes more power. But we can just agree to disagree on this one. Gears most definately make a huge difference! Im running stock 33in tires and 4.10's with a 360 is all the low end I need. Slight tap on the brakes and some throttle equals two smoking black marks on the pavement!!!!

Quick Reply: sct tuner