2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sct tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 PM
acsamples79
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sct tuner

okay its another programmer thread..sorry...but i know everyone says the sct tuner is pretty much the cats a$$...and ive heard the 3815 is good for our trucks too..ive posted similar thread before and i was told the stock to light mod trucks..the superchips is the way to go...but i DO plan on adding alot more stuff and doing ALOT more stuff....it just deends on how long it will take...so my question is, will the SCT still be a good choice and be the best even with a light mod truck? i want to do a cam, heads, rockers, etc but being in college the extra money comes SLOOOOOW...and if i buy the 3815 and later decide to buy the SCT then the resale value for the superchips will decrease alot..and it will take even LONGER to get the money for the sct....so what do you think i should do...i will order one or the other very soon...

Old 01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the SCT if you plan on doing all of that. I have heard ppl on here say that when you need program changes (i.e.-new upgrades) they will do them for free. That would be a good deal, and yes it would work well right now with your lightly-modded truck.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:30 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have the superchips and its awesome,if you got the death flash i would get something on there quick. but im also thinking sct later down the road, but i want to finish bolt-ons 1st. till then im sticking to my superchips.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

being that you're in college with limited funds, i recommend you invest your money in important things like wine, women, and song. everything else is just a waste.

otherwise, i think best bang for buck would be rockers and keep your hypertech. i think worst move would be replace hypertech with superchips. they're pretty much the same thing. i wouldn't put a cam in it. rockers accomplish about the same thing at far less cost and hassle.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:29 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yo he sold his hypertech and if yr going to put a cam in umm yr truck is kinda no longer lights mods that some good motor work and same with the rocker. and ill take any someones superchip 3815 just make sure you set it back to stock

Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 AM
96smokestack
Professional

All that crap is a waste of $ anyway...if you want a heavy truck to move you need a blower/turbo, or nitrous.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 AM
Jpnorris87
Professional

Originally Posted by 96smokestack
All that crap is a waste of $ anyway...if you want a heavy truck to move you need a blower/turbo, or nitrous.
Thats funny b/c the only way to get your truck to run right with any of the mods you mentioned you have to have a tuner like the SCT. You can make naturally aspirated 390hp at the crank with the 5.9 with heads, cam, and intake. Just gotta have the money to do it.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:43 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
wine, women, and song.
We need to stop quoting songs.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 AM
ron333
Captain

I would suggest spending the extra now and get the SCT tuner. If you get the Superchips, you already know you'll be spending the money later anyway. Also, if you already have an aftermarket tune on it now, the Superchips unit isn't going to give you enough of an improvement in performance, if any at all, over what you already have to make it worth the money.
I HIGHLY recommend getting the SCT tuner, and get it from Hemifever. Not every SCT seller provides free tune adjustments, but Hemifever stands behind his word! He has answered all of my questions and very quickly I might add. You can email him at Hemifever@aol.com I am VERY pleased that I chose to get my SCT tuner from him. Buy it from him and you'll be happy you did!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i knew i was planning on the mods that you posted i would go right for the sct. though i do like my 3815.and if you can get your tunes changed for free, you would be crazy not to.

and i guarantee that the superchip is better than the hypertech for performance,hands down.not a huge difference, but there is a difference. i could tell by the old butt dyno. i have had both.

Last edited by talon6; 01-23-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: sct tuner