2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Truck- Not a Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Kindschi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck- Not a Dodge

ATTN: Admin/Mod. I know this is not a Dodge ram 2nd gen but this is the only forum I frequent and I dont see any off topic forums that address the other cars we may own, I know its a dodge site but since im on here alot I thought i'd share my new whip. Move/Delete this post as you see fit.

Got it today. Took it in on trade for my 99 explorer, needed something more gas efficient since my dodge kills me and with my promotion at work I got transfered further out from where I was and Im still searching for a motor for my intrepid so Ill be driving this untill I end that search.
Its 1996 s-10 longbed, 5sp manual, 2.2l, Lowered, No Tach and the odo is way off shows 115k on the dash but doing 80mph on dash and really only going 65mph, 15in rims with low pro tires. Gas mileage is gonna be hard to get exact so im using my Garmin to track my miles and just do hard math when I gotta fill up.

Already had a zylophone (Spelling) so I can put my beats in the bed and hear it in cab! Put in my 2 kicker CVR-12's and Infinity amp, sounds pretty good.
Aftermarket shifter has got to go, its way to tall and the handle is so loose if you pull on it just alittle to hard it comes right off.
Fog lights are cheap wal-mart after markets and whoever put them in was a total moron, wires are a mess and there not even centered with the truck or each other. So im gonna be looking for a new lower bumper with precut holes, if I keep the truck long enough I want to either get new tires or get new rims and tires.

Heres some pics.

We hide the mats under the box this was a pic I took before we were done and the subs are now pointed towards the cab

PS: It already had glow!!
Not sure the brand but it came with a remote that works from 30ft+ away. There solid white leds but have a few different patterns I can choose from. There musta been mounted by the same moron who did the foglights because there not even strait with the truck. I did some adjusting to them and it helped out a bunch.

Next to the Dodge.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not bad, does it run good?......have you ever did a write up on your leds? that looks sweet

Old 01-24-2009, 11:55 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do the subs sound in the bed of the truck? Can you actually hear them in the cab? I've though about doing that in my truck so that I can free up some in the truck room but just not sure how it will work.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Kindschi
Veteran

Dakotas- Truck runs awesome. I took a few pics of my placement of the leds in another post, ill try and dig it up and PM you the link.

Home- They sound great, Bass is there like if they were behind my seat. The tonnoue cover rattles but its home made and they did not put enough pressure on it to stay down, were gonna fab up some straps to hold it down better so it dont rattle. And whoever made the zylophone actually had an idea of what they were doing, it seems pretty sealed we dumped a few buckets of water on it and no leakage. Although we did find the tonnoue cover has alittle leak so were gonna fix that soon to.

Last edited by Kindschi; 01-25-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

truck looks like it has been taken care of. i bet it feels like a matchbox after driving around in your dodge.

when you have a dodge ram,you have to have something else that is a little better on gas. donnt feel bad i have a 06 kia sorento that is our everyplace driver. twice the gas mileage.and i have a 95 aerostar that i drive to work.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

i to have a s10 and a dodge... i bet you will like the mpgs!!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have those subs in my olds intrigue , they hit hard as f*uck in my car !!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
InfernoRedHemi
Veteran

I myself would get a commuter vehicle but one of the reason I bought my Ram was for protection in case of a crash.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by lastrights
i have those subs in my olds intrigue , they hit hard as f*uck in my car !!!!!!!!!
Yup I used to have 1 10" version of those subs in my truck. It hit pretty good for 1 10" sub. I later put it in the Honda and put the 2 12" Infinity's in the truck. Now it's in the Honda but on a switch and never really gets turned on. I'm more than likely going to take it out unless I just don't get around too it but I don't know what I will do with it when I take it out. I don't really have anything to put it in unless I put it back in the truck and take the 2 12"s back out. I like the 2 12"s but they take up soo much room it's sometimes a hassle.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey nice Buy!! I also have an S10! My 99 2.2l gets 23 MPG with 200 pounds of tools in the back. Youll be enjoying the awesome raw power of the Vortec 2.2L 4Cyl!!!!!

Get some daytime pics!

Quick Reply: New Truck- Not a Dodge