2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tire wear help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
ram4ever
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tire wear help

Has anyone used the michelen cross terrain suv tires and
how did they perform?[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 02-27-2005, 02:02 AM
2001offroad

i only got 30 k out of my factory goodyears and they were like slicks when i got rid of them. I got the BFGoodrich all terrains. There great in snow and ice, rain, and dry pavement. They still have the nubbes on them after 3k miles so wearing seems to be pretty good. the only thing i dont like about them is they really like to pick up rocks inbetween the treads and when getting on the highway they fling out and chip the trucks paint. I went mudding once to see how the tires did and they preformed ok. There not a mud tire so i did not expect them to be great but you have to keep them spinning to clean the mud out of the treads. i would buy them again when these wear out

Old 02-27-2005, 11:46 AM
proud american

got almost 40,000 out of my oem good year wranglers.went to BFG AT's and have about 9000 on them with no ill wear so far.I would although recomend getting the road hazard insurance if you buy such a costly tire,I did not and a little 4 penny finish nail in a certain part of the tire that they will not patch(right were the tread meets the sidewall)cost mee another 180.00.got it now.
many factors can effect tirewear,so if your alingment is good and pressure and balance are ok then next I would re-evaluate driving habits.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:16 PM
ram4ever

2001offroad, and proud american how do the BF Goodrich A/T'S handle on the road?
would you say the treads are wearing slow or fast?I know off road they kick *!#.
and how would you rate their handling on the road?[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-01-2005, 11:39 PM
proud american

ORIGINAL: ram4ever

2001offroad, and proud american how do the BF Goodrich A/T'S handle on the road?
would you say the treads are wearing slow or fast?I know off road they kick *!#.
and how would you rate their handling on the road?[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
tires run very good on road pretty smooth and not alot of road noise,have'nt noticed any real wear yet.in the snow their great rarely have to use 4 wheel drive,although I really don't get into any really deep stuff(nobody to go with)I do work consrtuction and some of the sites can get pretty nasty after a good rain or during spring thaw so I will usually get the truck a little dirty(just to keep the front end lubed is what I tell the wife).they seem to work very well for my needs,good traction for work and fun and have a good load rating which I needed cuase I also tow a 5th wheel camper and snowmobile trailor.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:04 AM
nateramirez

Have BFG Mud Terrains on my '01 1500 and am amazed at how well they have worn for a mud terrain. Have 55,000 miles on them, a mix of highway and logging roads mainly. Expect to get another 5,000 or so on them before I swap to a new set. A little more expensive then some of the other brands, but when they last that long I think it is worth it...

Quick Reply: tire wear help