2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

oil pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
geggle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure problem

Okay.....I changed the oil press sensor on my 2001 Ram 2500 V-10. Gauge now reads no pressure. I checked voltage from sensor leads (6v) with ignition on. Next step is to check oil pressure with a manual guage. Where is the easiest place on a V10 to hook one up?
If it shows no pressure, i suspect I need to replace the oil pump. does anyone have a better suggestion? Anyone ever have the pleasure of replacing an oil pump on a V10? If so, what am I getting into?
Hopefully the gauge is just reading wrong, but I won't know until I hook up a manual one and check it. That is if I can figure out where to install it. I still can't believe that there is NO pressure since the engine sounds fine. No knocks, or lifter noises. But I'm not an expert, I hope one of you can steer me the right direction.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 PM
helms
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would hook the manual guage to the same spot as the electrical sending unit. if the engine sounds fine then you still have pressure, it doesnt take long with no pressure to seize an engine. if there isnt any pressure at the sending unit, then there is probobly a block in the gallery, i dont know anything about the v-10s except they are v-10s, sorry i cant give you any specific advise

Quick Reply: oil pressure problem