2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The day for Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:33 PM
ladenblowfish
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The day for Upgrades

Hey Guys, what a day I had. Got the 1.7 RR installed, modded my Kegger manifold along w/ changing the plenum gasket and also modded the TB. What a difference! Night and day with everything done! Now for the polyvinyl floor mat tomorrow. Only one problem I ran into today. I'm in the process of selling my 93 Lincoln Mark VIII. I've been in touch with a guy since Wed who is planning on flying down from Illinois and buying it. He already sent me a deposit to hold it, no problem. Today, I get a guy who stops by and asks if the car is still for sale. Of course I tell him no. He then says he will pay twice as much as the guy from Illinois if I still have it by Tuesday. So thats where I'm at. Money is Money. I'm thinking if the local guy has the money Tuesday, it goes to him and I'll send the deposit w/ the cost of the plane ticket back to the guy from Illinois. I hate to do that to him, but Money talks.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ladenblowfish
I'm thinking if the local guy has the money Tuesday, it goes to him and I'll send the deposit w/ the cost of the plane ticket back to the guy from Illinois. I hate to do that to him, but Money talks.
I think if you took a deposit then you gave your word to hold it for him

Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
ladenblowfish
Rookie

I totally agree. I know I really should hold it for him but we're talking $5500 compared to $2800. Plus I have no problem reimbursing him the money for his plane ticket.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:26 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Yeah, I don't know about that. Sure, money talks, but that would be pretty dang rude.

If it were me, I would call the guy who gave you the deposit and explain the situation. Maye he would totally understand and be fine with just getting the deposit back and the money for his plane ride. But, I would give him the choice. Thats just me though.

Then you have to also worry about the local guy too. How well do you know him? Do you know him well enough that you trust him very well? Cause lots of guys just talk the talk until it comes time to pay up. Then you would be stuck with giving the other guy his deposit back, paying for a plane ticket, and still have a car in your driveway.

Anyway, congrats on finishing up the mods on your truck. Sounds like it was worth it. The only problem with doing them all at once is you don't know which one actually gained the most performance (not that it matters, but just out of curiosity).

Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
ladenblowfish
Rookie

Install w/ the rockers went really well. Took my time for the most part. I'm just gonna play it by ear with the car. See if the local guy comes back Tuesday before I make any decisions. We could really use the extra money.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I totally agree. I know I really should hold it for him but we're talking $5500 compared to $2800. Plus I have no problem reimbursing him the money for his plane ticket.
Well you know what you should do... I know I would be pissed if I gave someone a deposit and sold it to someone else. I think you should do whats morally right. But incase you decide to take the extra money, I guess the only thing I can think of that you could say to that guy is... you decided to keep the car and will refund his deposit plus another 150 for the inconvinience. Obviously its not a 1970 572 chevy nova that my roommate wanted to buy off of craigslist (turned out to be a scam), so I don't think the guy from illinois would really care too much. Do what you gotta do.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:35 PM
ladenblowfish
Rookie

I know if it happened to me, I would be pissed to say the least. Thats why we're on the fence. We'll see how it goes.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:46 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

lol that guy is bull****ting you. a 93 mark viii isnt worth 5500, its not even worth 2800. Be happy someone is even comming to get it. I can probably guess who it is too. (Im a former mark8 entheusiest/owner)

Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

All I have is my ***** and my word.

I don't break either one.

You shouldn't either.

Remember, one in the hand is two in the bush.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:49 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would be pissed if you sold it out from under me when i gave you a deposit already. i know i would still fly to your house and confront you about it, cause that is just a plain ***** job.

Quick Reply: The day for Upgrades