2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

Help---Halo Projection headlights installation 2001 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:40 AM
HeritageOz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help---Halo Projection headlights installation 2001 Ram

I just installed a set of K2 halo projection headlights in my 2001 Ram, and they look awsome, but looks can be deceving, and I need some help. First K2 does not give or have any wiring diagrams, so I had to try to figure out the best I could, since my electrical skills are not the best. Now I have some problems, with the lights. The plug and play part was easy, except now my high beam indicator light is on all the time when the lights are on. The Halo lights stay on when the lights are off. The driving lights go off when the headlights are turned on. There are 3 sets of wires coming off the lights assembly. One set is for the eyebrow lights, second set is for the Halo rings and the third is for the 3 individul lights that are forward of the eyebrow lights. I have tryed to look online to find information, but it was limited. There is also mention online of resistors being installed inline to help performance of the lights. So does anyone have any ideas or run into this problem that could help me fix issues. Wiring instructions would really help.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my cousins lights were like that, you have to redo the wireing in the lights switch them. and test till you get it too work, then the lights will work right and they will be 4xs brighter also.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Switch the black and blue wires in the PNP harness on the projectors. The PNP harness was designed for the Sport models which is a slightly different bulb

You can pop out the black and blue wires out with a vary small standard screwdriver by pushing the retaining clip down from the plug side (not the side the wires are going in) depress the small clip and back the plug out and switch them.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 PM
97TClxiSTL
Rookie

How about some pictures of the setup? Would love to see how they look at night.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran

I have same headlights... Don't try to fix the bright light thing cuz it wont go off... Start cutting the wires and mix match tilll you get them how you want... And be prepared to not be able to see. there not bright. There for looks not performance. overall im satisfied. Tons of compliments on them.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

aim4squirrels is right, and you must have gotten yours wrong gav, because mine are so bright, they were dim before I tried fixing them, and why did you cut wires????? just pop them out and put them in, and the bright indicator went off on mine once I got them fixed, you honestly dont have yours fixed yet gav, and will appreciate them much more if you actually do it right.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 AM
HeritageOz
Smile Thanks!

It will take me a week or so to get it worked out. I work 6 days a week. I will also post a pic when I get it back together. Thanks to all for your help.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
HeritageOz
Default Got it going

Thanks to all for the help. Got them working and they look great.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pics=proof.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:15 PM
jp_schrader
Default headlights

Just installed new halo led headlights on my 96 dodge ram 1500 sport..the bright indicator in my dash won't turn off, no matter if my brights are on or off, which keeps my fog lights from coming on and there is a slow transition between my brights and dims....any suggestions please?

Quick Reply: Help---Halo Projection headlights installation 2001 Ram