2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Manual Transmission on Driver's License Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gav1n8

Ima call the bs flag on two posts....

and.... the one with driving in the rain. My uncle worked at dmv office. It's illegal to do your test drive in the rain...
well buddy i was there(you weren't) and i took the test(and pasted) so you can take you bs flag and put it were you want it, because im not buying it... and your uncle ""worked"" at a dmv office,ok and that what state? was it my state mmm nope...., and wouldn't it be up the test giver to call the shot if it was ok to take the test or not????.. ya i do think so........ and also why would i want to lie about my test?,,, if i was going to lie i would you made alot better story than that.lol.......

sounds like your just starting scap to me... your post has no help to the kid, not even just to say good luck,,, like your just showing off ___ my truck with 6in lift, but im a good driver___ is that a horn i hear??

and last, you have no idea how many years ago it was, so maybe times have chaged????

Last edited by dodgeram07; 02-24-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't drive anything but my truck. I hate driving cars because my knees are always cradled around the steering wheel and you can't see over the cars around you. I did really well on the backing up and stuff last april because I have one of those funky metal tailgates for the 5th wheel which I can see through. The speed up and then stop super quick part kinda sucked in my truck because that thing is just so freaking heavy. Honestly I think that the superior visibility and acceleration of the truck would help more especially if you are nervous. But don't listen to me.... I'm 18 and didn't even have my license for a year before I got it suspended. I got pulled over by a georgia state trooper about 3 weeks ago going 115 in a 70 which is apparently wreckless driving...lol...those guys are sneaky!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

hahaha yeah man im the same way.. im so cramped in a car.. my truck was in the tranny shop for a week and a half.. i had to drive an 05 eclipse.. fast fun car.. but i was soo uncomfortable. .and as for my dl's.. i took it in a 06 jeep wrangler 6 speed.. hahah talk about easy parking.. those things hooks so easy going into a spot.. and actually this ram is my first auto truck, and i must admit i miss stick because its just plain fun.. but so is auto... well i should say autos fun when theres a girl in the car and she doesnt have to crawl over the gear shift.. haha

Old 02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
anesthes

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Take it in what ever you want to. I took mine 15 months ago in my mom's honda oddzey. Pice of cake. I know ppl that have take it in cars and have failed.
So why do you have a blue lightbar on your truck?

I've noticed a few pics on here. My lights are hidden in the grill. My chief would poop a llama if one of us put a lightbar on the roof..

-- Joe

Old 02-25-2009, 02:58 PM
anesthes

Originally Posted by Gav1n8
My uncle worked at dmv office. It's illegal to do your test drive in the rain...
In which state? His, mine, or yours?

I took my motorcycle test in the rain, many many years ago. Before the OP was born I think.

-- Joe

Old 02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
I don't believe they would fail you if you stalled it. Where's the danger in that?
What would it look like if you stalled it in moving traffic??? You just made yourself a road hazard.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Toob Cat

Hey guys just thought I'd give an update!

I took it in the VW and passed with flying colors. The guy was surprised that I was driving stick and new how to do it, and I was the best he has had in a while. Apparently, he said he only drove manual and didn't know why it was so unpopular. Needless to say I agreed! . But basically we talked about old cars the entire time and before I knew it I was backed in my original parking spot and passed! It's great to finally have my license!

I'll probably be posting more with questions in the future. I would like to get a new exhaust for the truck and put some fog lights in those vacant holes in the bumpers...

Thanks again!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's "unpopular" because most people are lazy. They'd rather just get in and go. "Point & Shoot"

Congrats, BTW.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good glad to here that you passed with flying colors!!!! I can tell you why ppl dont like stick to much work. I wish I had a stick to beat on / learn.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:56 PM
spence13e

people don't like "stick" cos it's too much effort, too difficult, or they're just too lazy. americans are so freaking lazy. i'm one of them, but i still like rowing my own gears!

i learned on an old bucket of junk, and that's pretty much what the fiance gets to learn on. told her she was getting a manual first go 'round b/c i'm not missing a good deal three years down the road because she don't know how to drive one!

Quick Reply: Manual Transmission on Driver's License Test