2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

$3,000 tax return... what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yea the gave him A vest it was a winter vest in the summer. I found one one day when I was wating for the train and called him and told him. He was like I already have one and dont need anymore. I went over to it and picked it up good thing I did it was a summer one he was very happy with my find. He just want the shirts so that way he dosen't have to wear a vest and shirts during the hot day.

Do you have anywebsite that you order from. Or dose you work have a bulk price like thing?

What is class III like pant and vest?

I know my fire gear has the strips on the legs and its all over my jacket. When I frist started there we didn't have to wear a vest but now if you get out of the truck with it off we get yelled at.

I wish I could get that many hours. last 2 weeks I worked 43hrs. But I'm only part time and still in high school. You must make a killing on overtime. I love my overtime I work every holiday at work I work in a rehab hospital for strokes and joint replacements.

Last edited by dodge15004x45.9; 03-02-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:04 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Yea the gave him A vest it was a winter vest in the summer. I found one one day when I was wating for the train and called him and told him. He was like I already have one and dont need anymore. I went over to it and picked it up good thing I did it was a summer one he was very happy with my find. He just want the shirts so that way he dosen't have to wear a vest and shirts during the hot day.

Do you have anywebsite that you order from. Or dose you work have a bulk price like thing?

What is class III like pant and vest?

I know my fire gear has the strips on the legs and its all over my jacket. When I frist started there we didn't have to wear a vest but now if you get out of the truck with it off we get yelled at.

I wish I could get that many hours. last 2 weeks I worked 43hrs. But I'm only part time and still in high school. You must make a killing on overtime. I love my overtime I work every holiday at work I work in a rehab hospital for strokes and joint replacements.

Class III just has a stripe on the arms and 2 stripe around the body.. no pants needed.
There are a bunch of sites.. just search around for cheap prices. I pay about $12-16 per shirt if you find a good sale.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker

Dropped off my list at my shop this morning. He's going to go over it and give me an estimate. I'm also having him check the linkage in the drive shaft because it is starting to make the clunk sound and he's also going to fix my 3" of play in the steering wheel. I figured I was going to have a bunch of work done, so why not some more stuff. I figure He'll have my truck a good day or two.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:51 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker

UPDATE: So I started ordering parts this weekend. Here's what I have so far

EBC Front Sport Rotors and Green Stuff Pads: $229.68
HS Roller Rockers 1.7's : $300
Fastman TB: $225+$10+$80 core
(3) Grover 27"x 6" Air horns: $75.00
Superchips 3815: $250.00

Total Parts: $1,169.68

I talk with John @ Southeast and he had a set of RR that are used. They have less than 300 miles on them so he sold them to me for $300 shipped. They are from a 408 stroker that blew out the bottom end. He said they were in mint condition. From what I've heard he's a good guy, so I think it's a good deal. I also talked with my buddy that runs a 4x4 fab shop and I think he and I are going to self-perform the work instead of paying my normal shop guy. We'll see what happens.

Anywyas, I will keep you posted and take pictures as the goody pile begins to grow

Old 03-15-2009, 11:35 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My personal opinion is that if you can't put rockers on by yourself, you have no business modding your vehicle. Rockers are stupid easy. You'll have it done in 2 hours with beer and BSing.

Good luck with the install. Hopefully it'll give you the confidence to do more. pavementsucks.com has a good tech article on installing them.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:20 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
My personal opinion is that if you can't put rockers on by yourself, you have no business modding your vehicle. Rockers are stupid easy. You'll have it done in 2 hours with beer and BSing.

Good luck with the install. Hopefully it'll give you the confidence to do more. pavementsucks.com has a good tech article on installing them.
Thanks, I'm planning on taking everything to my buddies shop and have him help me. The problem is that he only has one set of tools that he has to bring home from the dealership, works all the time, and has a wife and 2 kids. Finding time to work on his projects, let alone mine, is hard to do. I'm going to LA and Vegas on the April 1st and need to have this truck done before I leave. I helped him today install a new clutch on his 1975 ******* waggin so I hope this will free up some of his time. We'll see what happens.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

What dose he charge for them new I was just on his website and he has a sweet deal if you buy them now. NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Cavalcade of Stars
at Summit Motorsports Park Norwalk, Ohio May 16 or May 17, 2009. Thats not a bad deal to bad I live in PA.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:13 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker

What dose he charge for them new I was just on his website and he has a sweet deal if you buy them now. NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Cavalcade of Stars
at Summit Motorsports Park Norwalk, Ohio May 16 or May 17, 2009. Thats not a bad deal to bad I live in PA.
I live about 10 minutes away for the Norwalk drag strip!! Night under fire was freakin sweet! I think he charges like $335 plus shipping. I have not got them yet. Still waiting on him to call back... I will be calling tomorrow though.

BTW... I've been doing some reading.. and I'm totally doing this stuff myself! I guess I didn't really know how easy it is going to be.

Last edited by iwhitne; 03-15-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Originally Posted by iwhitne
I live about 10 minutes away for the Norwalk drag strip!! Night under fire was freakin sweet! I think he charges like $335 plus shipping. I have not got them yet. Still waiting on him to call back... I will be calling tomorrow though.

BTW... I've been doing some reading.. and I'm totally doing this stuff myself! I guess I didn't really know how easy it is going to be.
Yo if I buy new ones I'll sell you the tickets?

Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker

Yo if I buy new ones I'll sell you the tickets?
I get them for free from my electric company

Quick Reply: $3,000 tax return... what should I do?