2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

couple issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Linustratus
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple issues.....

Does anyone know where to get a head liner? or at least know a fix for one, its falling apart. the fabric is coming off, and its driving me nuts. also, i have a sticky window, drivers side, goes down fine, but the last 2 inches up i have to help it! that really sucks. I tried lubricating the slides, no luck. also looking for the window trim, at the bottom of the opening. seems that inside theres some metal and its rusted and bubbled up and now it sticks out..........

Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Linustratus
Professional

bump.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
dblj16380
Veteran

Originally Posted by Linustratus
Does anyone know where to get a head liner? or at least know a fix for one, its falling apart. the fabric is coming off, and its driving me nuts. also, i have a sticky window, drivers side, goes down fine, but the last 2 inches up i have to help it! that really sucks. I tried lubricating the slides, no luck. also looking for the window trim, at the bottom of the opening. seems that inside theres some metal and its rusted and bubbled up and now it sticks out..........
As far as the headliner goes, I think they sell like a spray adhesive that you can get for that. You poke a small hole in your headliner (just enough for the straw) and then spray it in there and press the liner back in place. I've never tried it, just heard about it.

When it comes to the window, I would guess it could be a few things. 1) a window motor starting to go bad. 2) your track may be bent or part of the mechanism in the door could be messed up. 3) your rust issue on the door trim could be causing the window to try and grab it on its way up.

I don't know where you could get the window trim. Probably try a junkyard or AutoZone/Murrays or the dealership. I would think it is probably a pretty available part. If there is metal on it though then you will probably have to take your door panel off to remove it.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: couple issues.....