2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!! can't figure out whats wrong

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
divetruck
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the t-case is jumping out of gear to neutral the plastic pads on the shift fork are worn. Just had this happen on mine. There are probably other worn components that will need to be replace as well.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:52 PM
great2c4me

Originally Posted by TMS Bill

Your headlight problem is probably the multi-function switch in the steering column ... seen a few of those go bad lately.
I need to hear more on this!
I just bought this problem, 00 ram van 3spd v6 off my friend. I know they were working about 8 days ago, for certain.
He told me that the headlights were flickering, and now do not come on... he didn't know what the problem was.
I tried looking to see if there was an exclusive headlight fuse, but I couldn't find anything in the 2 locations known - left side dash board driver side, and next to the battery. all my other lights work properly.

what do you think?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:46 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

There is no fuse for the headlights. Either the headlight switch itself is faulty or the multifunction switch in the steering column (or the wiring to it) is. They both go bad. The wiring to the M/F switch may if you have the tilt wheel. The headlight switch is easier to get to.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:36 PM
redneck1977woman

I actually pulled the headlight switch to replace the whole thing....and the problem is a lil pink wire in the harness that plugs into the switch..it was loose....

Quick Reply: HELP!! can't figure out whats wrong