2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Going to put $11000 into my truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Viper37
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, are you insane? Ditch the truck and use your money as a down payment on a new truck.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've read many of these posts.... I can see both sides of the situation... but.. if you really love your truck.. and 100% without a doubt serious about putting that kinda money into your rig.. then do it.. Get the SCT as well... it will kick the **** out of the superchips... also... I didn't see anything in there about re-building the trans... as for the 4.10 gears... I don't think they would be very "top speed" fast... they will launch you off the line fast.. but you'll prolly be pullin 3,000+ RPM to hit 75mph... if you would keeep the 3.55's you'd be able to hit 120+ and around the same rpm... something to conside... I think there's a 3.92 as well.. which is "the best of both worlds" off the line torque, and decent top speed... good choice with the fastman ... I would personal get a 408 strocker kit.. and the 55mm TB.. here's a kick *** site to look for serious performance mods...http://www.krcperformance.com/krc/in...d=40&Itemid=26

Hope you think about it long and hard! Good luck.. and keep us posted!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to crazy the superchip won't do a damn thing for ya. You will defiantly need a SCT with a custom tune.

I know where your coming from. People think I'm crazy for what I want to do to my Mustang. It might sound weird but my car has kinda made me who I am. I am known because of the car (not so much local anymore cause I haven't driven it in like 3 years). Online though its the reason for most of my screen names (except for here cause I used my trucks name). Its my website name and reason for it. Idk its like a part of me that I don't want to get rid of.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:34 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just do what he did http://www.rm-indy.com/

as the gear goes i have 3.92 with 245/75/16 tires and 67mph@2000rpm

Old 03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

$900 for a comp cam? that can't be right.
I agree with dumping the Superchips for an SCT or even a good piggyback.
I also agree with stroking it out to 408 if your rebuilding anyway, much more power.
If your open for more suggestions I'd take the $3500 (viper seats, audio, wheels) and
get yourself a good transmission.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ 1+ agreed!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:22 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't do it. I have a ton of money into my truck and could have bought something new and more reliable for close to what I have into it. Once you dump that into it sure it might be nice for a bit. Then you will have the other common problems start up and have stuff start breaking. Then you will have a ton more into repairs next thing you know. You will probably put a ton in repairs even if you don't add a ton of power to it. Next thing you know you have a ton of money into a truck you can only sell for $2-3k.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Rex-TheDOGG
Captain

OP, if you are serious about hot rodding your truck, you need to go here:

http://www.rm-indy.com/

This site should answer a lot of your questions.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:39 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I look at it like this. He said it has sentimental value to him. Maybe it was given to him by someone who passed away. Maybe it means so much to him because of that, that he would rather put a lot of money into it and keep it then sell it or trade it in.

Its his truck if he wants to spend the money on it why not. We all do it

Old 03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
I look at it like this. He said it has sentimental value to him. Maybe it was given to him by someone who passed away. Maybe it means so much to him because of that, that he would rather put a lot of money into it and keep it then sell it or trade it in.

Its his truck if he wants to spend the money on it why not. We all do it
^^ its not how fast your going. Its how fast your going in what you want to go in. If i wanna go really fast very quickly (and i sure as hell do) id buy a corvette. EVERYONE and theyre grandpa( mostly grandpas actually lol ) have corvettes or mustangs or w/e (no offense if you do, i had a stang too and lookin for another one) but if you wanna go fast in your truck..then do it.

Quick Reply: Going to put $11000 into my truck