2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Going to put $11000 into my truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some people just think you always should have the newest thing you can afford.
Car guys are generally different.

I drive around in a 2nd gen ram because I like 2nd gen rams. Same reason people drive around in 60s muscle cars, cause they like 60s muscle cars.

Sure I could afford a newer truck. But why? I like mine.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 PM
CRNA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer

I drive around in a 2nd gen ram because I like 2nd gen rams. Same reason people drive around in 60s muscle cars, cause they like 60s muscle cars.

Ya i agree, your truck is sick btw!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:24 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer

Ding ding!! we have a winner folks. lol

I came home from overseas and allocated $10,000 to a vehicle. I had been doing research
for months on what I wanted next. that kind of money could have been one helluva down
payment on a new vehicle but I wanted a 2nd gen dodge with a 5.9. I've put in around
$6,500 into it and plan on another $2,000 this year just in the engine. Yeah I could have
bought a hemi, but the hemi is a good car motor and I will be able to eat one.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mowhawk
^^ its not how fast your going. Its how fast your going in what you want to go in. If i wanna go really fast very quickly (and i sure as hell do) id buy a corvette. EVERYONE and theyre grandpa( mostly grandpas actually lol ) have corvettes or mustangs or w/e (no offense if you do, i had a stang too and lookin for another one) but if you wanna go fast in your truck..then do it.
If you want to go fast buy a bike. You can buy a nice R1 for $11k and get a brand new one for not much more than that. Might can get a leftover 08 for that and it will make a Corvette look like a joke. They are that much faster.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah for sure. Crotch rockets are the *****. If you've never been on a bike you might want to start out with something smaller though like an R6. At least if you're under 30. I think at that point you'll probably have less of a tendancy to do something stupid.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Starting small is for ****** LOL. My first bike was a 84 Honda Interceptor VF1000. Sure I don't know how to ride yet but I said screw starting small then upgrading.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
360dodgeram360
Professional

its about what you want. it doesnt need to make any sense financially if your a car guy. I love everything about my truck. there's a lot of sentimental value from saving the truck from the junkyard and straghtening the frame after being plowed by a suburban. It was great to be able to spend time with my father and work side by side on it. there's a lot of blood sweat and tears in this truck. I think that the second gens are the best looking and have always wanted one since they were redesigned in 94. I know that a newer truck would be less on operating costs and make more sense to some but i love the fact that there are some of the last trucks you can really work on without a ridiculous amount of electrical/ computer struggles. plus the truck just fits me like a glove, its so comfortable and sits at just the right height. To hark back to what cereal said, for example my dad could have a 95 impala instead of his 65 impala and it would be more reliable, smoother, get better mpg, and be faster but it just doesn't have that same awesome look and feel and he'll never enjoy it.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
If you want to go fast buy a bike. You can buy a nice R1 for $11k and get a brand new one for not much more than that. Might can get a leftover 08 for that and it will make a Corvette look like a joke. They are that much faster.
had a bike. Had a black ninja that i sold last year.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 PM
BlueDemon01
Rookie

And you need a sweet Dodge sticker for your side window.

$4.95

Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 PM
divetruck
Professional

Let him do it! Its people like him that keep the economy going! Now who wants to start a poll that the $12,000 he wants to spends ends up closer to $15,000?

Quick Reply: Going to put $11000 into my truck