2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge vs. All

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:10 AM
SunhawkRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge vs. All

Is it just me, or does everybody like fords and chevy's? I live in Indiana...and I am tired of everybody not liking Dodge, when they dominate! I really wish there were more people to hang out with that have Dodge trucks...anybody in Indiana? lol

Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 AM
scottnfwi
Rookie

Ft wayne here

Old 05-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Fifthwheelin
Rookie

Brand loyalty is way overrated.

Go OLDSMOBILE!

Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 PM
alwaysaproblem

well, let me just say that with my share of dodges ( 1 ) and the problems i have had with electrical, and a bunch other crap, and all the transmission problems my friends with dodges had, Id say im pretty happy with my fords. because they have never left me dead anywhere, unlike chevy, dodge, what have ya. Dont get me wrong though, the 318 in my van is a champ... drove about an hour on the highway without a water pump lol still runs great... but like i said, i hate its problems...

Old 05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think the chevy and ford guys that race me wish they had a dodge when im done with them haha

Old 05-13-2010, 01:08 PM
alwaysaproblem

you think that? well i had an 86 f150 just cruisin down the highway doin like 75 and im coming up on a dodge with yalls cummins, he mashes her, black smokes a billowin. i look over at my bud and just mash that old 302 wide open. pegged that speedo way down and left the hoopdy in the dust... but we can go on forever with these rivalries, when in fact, EVERY BRAND has there ups and downs, ive owned ford, gm, mopar, all in all, i just prefer fords over the rest, but a ride is a ride...

Note: i understand that it was a diesel, not much i should say, but my motow was outa an 87 continental thats been through like 3 demos lol

Last edited by alwaysaproblem; 05-13-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Nando Vazquez
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recently moved from central to west texas and i can say that in both places Ford is definetaly the popular choice. I think our 2nd generation Dodges did taint the name a little with the production cost problems. But each brand does have its pros and cons so its w/e.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

Come down here where i live and you'll love it. 2nd gens all over the place. Very popular here. And so are all other generation rams.

Some people are just whiney and cant handle a few problems with their vehicles. It all depends on maintenance and how the prev owner treated/maintained the car or truck. And what the car or truck has been threw. This is true..

And yes there is crap out there. Im not saying dodge,ford,or chevy is crap... Im just saying there are a few problems with quaility of product. But every product will have some flaw no matter what it may be. Nothing is perfect. And you cant expect it to be.

We all have our preferences and opinions...Likes and dislikes. Thats why there are, ''FORD GUYS'' , ''CHEVY GUYS'' and ''DODGE GUYS''. Sure there all welcome here...But wouldnt you rather be in a place where all the people like the same company or builder? Thats why this is a dodge forum...So if your going to bash dodge products, do it on a ford board or chevy board...Please. And dont agravate us dodge guys.

Thanks

(EDIT)

This post is in no way directed to any particular person...Just the people that need to read it..

Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Fifthwheelin
Brand loyalty is way overrated.

Go OLDSMOBILE!
Quite true! But it sure is fun!

STUDEBAKER'S RULE!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:29 PM
SunhawkRam
Rookie

Oh I love my Dodge Ram to death...I wouldn't trade it for anything! Where is down there? I would love to just get a bunch of Rams together and cruise and hang out That would be amazing! I just don't think people like Rams because they are the best out of the three...their bodies aren't straight "boxy" and they show off their curves! Not just their body curves, but their torque curves too. lol Dodge is just another manufacture to most people...but to me Dodge means Domination!! lol

Quick Reply: Dodge vs. All