2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Soaking the TB in a bucket of carb/parts cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 AM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsertdog56
I know that that, but why would you use it on the throttle shaft bearings? It's a lubricant, but not for an application that uses grease.

Actually PB Blaster is superior to WD-40. Gods, that'll get a discussion going!
yes it will and although i'm a big fan of PB it doesn't have nearly the multiple uses as WD. LOL

Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 AM
ophidia
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ended up cleaning it up with throttle body cleaner, some paper towels, q-tips, etc. and it's all good. I hadn't thought of there being bearings that could be affected.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dsertdog56
I know that that, but why would you use it on the throttle shaft bearings? It's a lubricant, but not for an application that uses grease.

Actually PB Blaster is superior to WD-40. Gods, that'll get a discussion going!
No kidding. I do a lot of cutting up of old cars and drilling, and PB Blaster is far superior to WD-40. Most folks don't understand that WD-40 is nothing more than kerosene, which is an old time lubricant. PB Blaster is a much better penetrant on threads when trying to loosen old nuts and bolts. It is also better for lubricating drill bits when trying to drill through sheet metal.

Quick Reply: Soaking the TB in a bucket of carb/parts cleaner