2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Almost turned her on

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh no there isn't an extra gasket the motor was acid wash before the machine work

Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

Alright I FIGURED IT OUT, it isn't the filter it is the adapter itself....I have tightened it and it keeps squirting oil every time I get the motor on enough to gas it a lil....any ideas on how to fix?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't know, i've never paid any attention to it. what's it look like - bolted on ? cracked maybe ?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

No its just a metal piece with a bolt going in(where your filter screws on) and has a nut which allows you to tighten it.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

Figured it out and for anyone else who might run into this.

The oil fiter screws onto the adapter which is a double threaded bolt with a metal plate, between the block and plate there should be a gasket, I got mine off today and sure enough there wasn't any!

So 3.25 for the gasket waiting for them to call when its in, now I gotta get the truck to keep running when i turn it on, b/c it turns over then the motor cuts, and I am not getting any codes......

Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

Alright no more leaks but the motor won't stay running when I turn it over. It turns over real hard then cuts out, if I hold the gas pedal down it runs then cuts out a sec the surges again then it cuts out. My guess is the timing I have the motor positioned at the tdc with the pulley(its aftermarket) where the notches read zero, any ideas on how to double check? Or perhaps the gas isn't getting pushed at a hard enough pressure, what is the ideal pressure suppose to be?

I am so close!

Old 04-26-2009, 05:56 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

49lbs for the fuel pressure. Remove the #1 spark plug and rotate the motor so the piston tops out on the compression stroke, then remove the dist cap and see if the rotor is pointing to #1 on the cap.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would get the timing scanned FIRST! if it checks out, this may be the culprit:

are you running an aftermarket TB? I had an issue with my fastman where the throttle plates weren't aligned appropriately and caused an issue with the engine not turning over on a cold start. it wasn't getting enough air to keep her running. Here's the article I used to adjust it:

http://www.bionicdodge.com/Download/...a%20Magnum.pdf

BE SURE it isn't a timing issue first, or you're just going to compound the problems.

Quick Reply: Almost turned her on