2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Straight Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:52 PM
XCRacer90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im new to this forum as you can tell only my second post. im only 16 and all this talk about no mufflers and and back pressure.

are you guys basically just running the cats, then after that just a pipe or what? are cherry bombs just different mufflers or what?

thanks for any help guys!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, I'm just running pipe after my catalytic converter.

Cherrybomb is a company that makes mufflers, and glass packs. Generally when someone talks about putting cherry bombs on they're talking about glass backs. Kinda like how some people call tissues kleenex regardless of the brand

Old 04-19-2009, 06:15 PM
johnyredd99
Amateur

94 ram 2500... since my last ram didnt dodge that telephone pole real well I have missed my exhaust and just couldnt live with it anymore. I saw this post and went out earlier and chopped mine off... sounds real good just loud real loud. Im goin to get a duel outlet flowmaster this weekend and put that on with pipes out the back. I dont want to lose that bad*ss truck sound but I have to tone it down a little... Thanks for the insperation I'm happy with my truck again

Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
skoalking32

Originally Posted by J415
I don't get it, I thought you were not worried about getting pulled over?

Not worried about geting pulled over for it in my home town. But on I-70 though, yes I am worried about geting pulled over for it.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 AM
skoalking32

Originally Posted by johnyredd99
94 ram 2500... since my last ram didnt dodge that telephone pole real well I have missed my exhaust and just couldnt live with it anymore. I saw this post and went out earlier and chopped mine off... sounds real good just loud real loud. Im goin to get a duel outlet flowmaster this weekend and put that on with pipes out the back. I dont want to lose that bad*ss truck sound but I have to tone it down a little... Thanks for the insperation I'm happy with my truck again
I just cut mine off like a said earlyer, and damn its loud. Sounds good too. But i was wanting to do the same thing with puting a dual outlet in there. What kind are you puting in? You have a link that you could post on here so I can order that part? Thanks man. And, Im happy I could inspire you to cut that muffler off too. haha best idear ive had all week.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 AM
skoalking32

What if I was to put this inplace of my muffler, but, put it in backwords. So the dual inlets would be the outlets? Would it kill my sound too much? See i have a single pipe coming out from the cat and i still have my dual exhaust tips on. Now theres just a 21 inch hole where the muffler used to be and I want to fill it in with a Y-pipe, but this is the closest thing I can find to what I need with out fabricating a piece my self. Heres the link. Let me know if yall think this would work.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 PM
skoalking32

Bump.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:24 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, that wouldnt be any problem to flip around.....honestly tho....a muff shop would prob make you a y and put pipe in to join to your tails for about the same price....

Old 04-20-2009, 04:03 PM
johnyredd99
Amateur

im looking for a dual outlet flowmaster or have been thinking about trying to gut the stock muffler.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 AM
skoalking32

Hell, I was just goina fab a Y-pipe my self. But if they can get it done for cheep, I might just have it profesionaly done.

Quick Reply: Straight Pipes?