2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Kegger and throttle body mod's completed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot RODerick
Being redundant i'm sure...but do these simple bolt on contraptions work on Ram 1500 hemi trucks.

No I'm pretty sure they don't work on a Hemi. I beleive that the throttle body and the intake are both differnt then the non-hemi motors. Wich means that you wouldn't be able to do them on your truck.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Well the hughes kit came in today, so when I got home I got to finish everything up. It all went well aside from a small coolant leak (!) from the metal tube that inserts into the water pump (from the heater core line). But once I got that straightened out I was able to start it and take it for a test drive.

It all seems to be working well, but how the performace is from the throttle body and kegger mods is hard to determine right now, as my tranny is shiftting kinda funky due to the speedo not working anymore. Once I get that fixed I will let ya all know how it works.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sure it there but you computer will need to relearn it. That tranny dose help. Don't do a purple! Please!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
I'm sure it there but you computer will need to relearn it. That tranny dose help. Don't do a purple! Please!

You are doing dang well with spell check, I can tell, but you are not re-reading what you have been writing lately. Re-read that sentence you just posted, cause it didnt make much sense to me. (sorry about my posts recently, I have a new computer and it dosnt have spell check on it yet)

I do understand that the computer may have to re-learn it and all that, but my speedo isnt even moving. It started acting up on me a few weeks ago (being very speratic, and way off with actual speed), so when I was at the parts store getting everything else I also got the speed sensor for the rear axle. I installed it last week when I was tearing my motor apart, and now on the first test drive the speedo dosnt even work at all. WTF.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do we not have a mechanical speedo?....i know on the old gear drives, when your gears pretty ate up its all kinds of sporatic

Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
do we not have a mechanical speedo?....i know on the old gear drives, when your gears pretty ate up its all kinds of sporatic

Yours does, but newer ones like mine (I thing 98 or 99 and newer) have the sensor on the ring axle that reads the tone ring on the side of the ring gear, along with some other electronic mumbojumbo with the PCM and such.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Originally Posted by olyelr
You are doing dang well with spell check, I can tell, but you are not re-reading what you have been writing lately. Re-read that sentence you just posted, cause it didnt make much sense to me. (sorry about my posts recently, I have a new computer and it dosnt have spell check on it yet)

I do understand that the computer may have to re-learn it and all that, but my speedo isnt even moving. It started acting up on me a few weeks ago (being very speratic, and way off with actual speed), so when I was at the parts store getting everything else I also got the speed sensor for the rear axle. I installed it last week when I was tearing my motor apart, and now on the first test drive the speedo dosnt even work at all. WTF.
Well I have slowed it down a bit. Plus I was about to run out the door some kid called me to work for him and the shift started in 30 min( My work pants where in the washer for today) So I was rushing it a lot.

Try this?
I'm sure it there but you computer will need to relearn it. That tranny doesnt help. Don't do a purple! Please! Don't try to adjust the bands in your tranny unless you know what your doing.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About that Speedo, I have an 02 and I had the same problem with my speedo and I had to replace the entire instrument cluster. I am picking it up from the dealer today, $900 bucks later. If this is what you have to do goodluck and be prepared to dig deep. You can fix the Speedo by buying one off e-bay but your mileage will not be correct. That is why I had to go to the dealer to get it fixed.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

One of my teachers had the same problem thats what chevy had to do to her truck. Hers is still under factory warranty.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you checked the vehicle speed sensor on the tail shaft of the tranny? could be that. The person to ask , I think, would be TMS Bill. He knows what needs knowing.

Quick Reply: Kegger and throttle body mod's completed.