2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Possible axle seal leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Magnumpwr16
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumpwr16
Well I spoke to my neighbor today who is a mechanic and he said we will do it, and I said alright as long as ur there lol. He knows his ****. While we're in there we're gonna check other things too (u-joints, bushings, bearings, etc) on both sides. So it may be a big job in the end, considering I have 165k miles but that truck makes me smile and its all normal wear for the miles. Ill take pics and show u guys what we found. I dont believe there is a DIY for the axle seal on DF so ill deff try to take pics and write up a DIY. Will post when its done. Should be in the next week.
Holy **** guys, finally got the seals in and let me say what a bitch! Ran into countless problems, from bolts breaking to rust to making the tool and everything you can all imagine. But basically we did the drivers side and passenger side axle seals, as well as the following due to the fact that we were in there and these things were also starting to go: passenger side tie rod, drivers side hub, driver side and passenger side u-joints. Now that all of that is done we are going out tomorrow to change ALL fluids (front diff is already done obviously) and do a full tune-up on it. All in all I must say that I love the truck and feel really good about doing it all, cause at this point I can say that NOTHING is wrong with the truck Next week it is going in for a 2inch leveling kit, 33-12.50-15 bfg goodrich mud tires along with 15x10 American Racing Outlaw II wheels, as well as some paint work, gonna get all the black trim painted to match the red. Should look sweet. Will post up pics when its complete.

Quick Reply: Possible axle seal leak