2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sway bars & Handling 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Acapalic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the fabtech steering stablizer for my 2wd ram two weeks ago. Its not that big of a difference , only when u really hit a big bump or hit a big puddle on one side the steering doesnt tend to pull anymore. As for bolting right up , it does. Took about 10 mins to install it.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
95RamIT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Acapalic
I got the fabtech steering stablizer for my 2wd ram two weeks ago. Its not that big of a difference , only when u really hit a big bump or hit a big puddle on one side the steering doesnt tend to pull anymore. As for bolting right up , it does. Took about 10 mins to install it.
alright ill keep that in mind. I have 210xxx miles on my 95 and all stock suspension except ball joints. Its going to have a complete over-haul here in the next few weeks.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Acapalic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright man , cool , good luck with it!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
DodgeRam96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry for the delay...PICS Attached.

Re. the DJM Drop Kit - they have a 2/4 drop which utilizes coils & shackles and a 4/6 which incorporates upper & lower control arms for the front and a c-notch for the rear. I thought that the 4" drop for the front rode better than stock and I didn't really notice that it was lowered. When it came to speed bumps, I elected not to use their low profile cross member and there were some clearance issues. However, the build quality of there components is excellent - the paint just sucks. Expect to get them powdercoated. I sand blasted them and coated them with POR15. Even though they look good initially it's only a matter of time. Also, how mechanically inclined are you? The ball joints must be pressed into the C/A's by you using a rental tool from Auto Zone and a breaker bar. Right now I chiseled the spring cup out to allow the installation of a double-convuluted air bag.

Last edited by DodgeRam96; 05-24-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Sway bars & Handling 2wd