2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sway bars & Handling 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009 | 06:08 PM
95RamIT
|
Rookie
Default Sway bars & Handling 2wd

I know alot of members here are 4wd or 2wd with lifts. If anyone has experience or insightful advice please chime in!
Ive been doing some research and found 2 sways bars i would like info on. When i finish all my body, paint, and exterior mods im going to focus on suspension.
First: (front)
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&category|cat_-30|373=Lowering+Parts&canned_results_trigger=&part familyid=1745&partid=21247

Second: (Rear)
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/7625D2.html

Anyone have any advice or negativity related to the quality and performance?

BTW i will be installing either 2/4 or 3/4 lowering kit with 20x8.5 wheels. I have read i cant have a spare tired with a lowered truck AND use the hellwig sway bar because of clearance issues.

Old 05-01-2009 | 06:24 PM
DodgeRam96

I currently have the Hellwig rear sway bar on a bagged and c-notched 96 ram and I have never had a problem with the spare tire. I progressively lowered the truck with bolt on kits befoe I went to the custom install I have now. With respect to the front, I actually just recently bought the belltech front swaybar and it interfered with my front spindles when I went to turn the wheels lock to lock. I'm sending it back to S.C. this weekend. I'd stick with the socker up front. I have never liked Belltech - I tried their stuff once and I'll never buy it again. I consider it an econo kit. Spend the extra money and buy DJM you'll be glad you did.

Old 05-01-2009 | 06:39 PM
95RamIT
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeRam96
I currently have the Hellwig rear sway bar on a bagged and c-notched 96 ram and I have never had a problem with the spare tire. I progressively lowered the truck with bolt on kits befoe I went to the custom install I have now. With respect to the front, I actually just recently bought the belltech front swaybar and it interfered with my front spindles when I went to turn the wheels lock to lock. I'm sending it back to S.C. this weekend. I'd stick with the socker up front. I have never liked Belltech - I tried their stuff once and I'll never buy it again. I consider it an econo kit. Spend the extra money and buy DJM you'll be glad you did.
i def appreciate the advice; i was just about to order a drop. Have any pics of youre ride? How is the performance with the rear sway bar. Im looking for a stiff cornering set-up. Did you ever use a 3/4 or 2/4 drop? If so what did you use to achieve it? Spindles, springs, flip ect.

Old 05-01-2009 | 06:47 PM
95RamIT
|
Rookie

Also, i have looked on a few website and can't find a 3'' lowering spring from DJM. There must be one because squishy_1010 has a 3/4 DJM spring and shackle/ hanger drop on his ram. maybe a cut spring? Here's the thread (i love the search button )
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-lowering.html

Old 05-01-2009 | 09:02 PM
95RamIT
|
Rookie

+++
to the top

Old 05-01-2009 | 10:03 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

You should get a steering stabilizer from fabtech as well, just to tighten up the bumps since us 2WD don't have one.

Old 05-01-2009 | 10:17 PM
95RamIT
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
You should get a steering stabilizer from fabtech as well, just to tighten up the bumps since us 2WD don't have one.
will it bolt up?

Old 05-01-2009 | 10:56 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 95RamIT
will it bolt up?
From my understanding, it should. Check out their website and they had some installation directions for download. I believe it bolts to some factory mounting holes. I'm trying to scrounge up some money to get one too. Like $60.

Old 05-01-2009 | 11:24 PM
95RamIT
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
From my understanding, it should. Check out their website and they had some installation directions for download. I believe it bolts to some factory mounting holes. I'm trying to scrounge up some money to get one too. Like $60.
alright, ill check it out

Old 05-01-2009 | 11:57 PM
dakotas ram
Champion

for the stabilizer, i believe parts stores have universal ones

Quick Reply: Sway bars & Handling 2wd