2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Severe Hesitation/Stumbling for 5 Minutes every start...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Superchips Tom and Ron teamed up and got this done faster, I think. Superchips's engineers sent me what they call a "one shot update", an update specifically for my truck/programmer. It worked.

It turns out, the error wasn't in the tune itself, but in the compiler that constructed the tune before it was sent to me and my programmer. Anyway, they fixed it.

Finally got rid of the death flash again. I'm as happy as a fox in a hen house right now. Thanks again for all your help and support guys.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 AM
lv360ram
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the update. It's a shame you wasted so much time. I know how that feels.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it working! So what is your new DB Number?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:58 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

My new database number is 001. Thats because it was a one shot, specific update just for me.

The latest, though, for everyone else (as of yesterday) was 281 I believe.

As you stated before, I doubt they'll do anything more for our older trucks, so there is no reason to update. Ron even stated that I and the other guy having issues (he got a one shot as well) can update our tuners in the future and it shouldn't hurt anything, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". His words exactly, IIRC.

Quick Reply: Severe Hesitation/Stumbling for 5 Minutes every start...