2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Everything Is Ordered For My Stereo Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Ninety5PoloZ
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everything Is Ordered For My Stereo Install

I bought a kenwood deck a few weeks ago along with a sirius satalite radio, kenwood 6x9s for the front doors and a set of 6 1/2" round speakers and another set of 5 1/4" round kenwood speakers for the rear doors. So all I needed was some bass and I think I got that taken care of today with a set of 10" kenwood subs, dual 10" front firing box to go under the rear seat, a DB 8 awg power wire kit, and an Alpine MRP-450 (400 watt amp)

I will be mounting the amp under the front seat, probably in the middle and running all of the wires under the carpet where it won't be seen. I'll be sure to take pics of the install which should be done next weekend if I have time. The amp will be a little small for the subs, but not underpowering them by any means.

Heres a list of all the stuff I have now.....

6x9" slpeaker--KFC-6982IE
6.5" speakers--KFC-1682IE
5.25" speakers-KFC-1382IE
Deck---------KDC-MP342U
Subs---------KFC-W2512
Sub Box-

And I'm still working on the deal with the amp, but I'll be getting the alpine 400 watt amp for about $50.

I'll be wiring the subs up in a 4 ohm setup like this...

So what are your thoughts?

Last edited by Ninety5PoloZ; 05-13-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get some Acoustimat for the doors. Your bass response will thank you.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Ninety5PoloZ
Rookie

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Get some Acoustimat for the doors. Your bass response will thank you.
I'm planning on it down the road a little bit if its too bad. Now I'm saving for heads, cam, and intake

But if anyone has pics of their installs post them up

Old 05-15-2009, 11:20 PM
dblj16380
Veteran

I don't know how much experience you have in installing subs n such but here's a tip. When running the power wires, remote wire, and RCA cables to your amp, make sure to separate the power from the audio. If you run the RCA cables right in line with your power wires then you will probably experience a lot of interference and get fuzz out of your speakers.

I haven't had a system in my truck for a couple of years now, but damn I miss it all the time. It sounds like it should be a pretty good setup. Just watch the local laws (or the cops that enforce them) and avoid those tickets!

Old 05-15-2009, 11:33 PM
hutch1973
Captain

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ll-thread.html

That's mine, but I'm not a pro or anything, was my first build. One thing I didn't do is anything in the doors, like Miami mentioned, and wishing I did. My mid base (which is what's coming from the doors in my set up) is easily the weakest part of my system.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds pretty decent. What kind of amp are you running, and are you going to hook the door/ wall speakers up to an amp?
I finally bit the bullet, and am adding another 2 infinity Kappa wall speakers to my setup.... ought to be entertaining to say the least

Old 05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Ninety5PoloZ
Rookie

I don't know how much experience you have in installing subs n such but here's a tip. When running the power wires, remote wire, and RCA cables to your amp, make sure to separate the power from the audio. If you run the RCA cables right in line with your power wires then you will probably experience a lot of interference and get fuzz out of your speakers.

I haven't had a system in my truck for a couple of years now, but damn I miss it all the time. It sounds like it should be a pretty good setup. Just watch the local laws (or the cops that enforce them) and avoid those tickets
I've done a few installs and know how to run the wires, but thanks for the heads up. And I'm not the kind of guy that drives around blasting crazy amounts of bass, but I like a little bit of bump to go with everything else.

Thanks for the link man, I'm planning on adding some sound deadning to the doors and the back wall of the cab, but not the floor or the roof yet, unless it vibrates really bad. But all of my mid range is from the doors too and its kinda quite right now and I think I'm loosing alot of sound into the doors already.

That sounds pretty decent. What kind of amp are you running, and are you going to hook the door/ wall speakers up to an amp?
I finally bit the bullet, and am adding another 2 infinity Kappa wall speakers to my setup.... ought to be entertaining to say the least
LOL I hope so, I have enough money into it, but I got some really good deals so I can't complain. I will be using a mono Alpine MRP-450 (400 watts) and I won't be hooking anything but the subs to it. The deck is ok for the rest of the speakers, but I think I will be upgrading the wiring to the speakers sometime soon. My buddy used to have a 12 Infinity Kappa in his mustang and that sub was awesome, I got a good deal on the Kenwoods and everything else is kenwood LOL so I just kinda stuck with it.

But everything except the amp will be here tomorrow, so I'll run my wiring and get the subs mounted and the box installed. The deck, front door speakers, and the rear speakers are already installed, but its not a big deal to unhook everything to wire in the amp.

My plan is to mount the amp under the middle front seat, but there looks to be a bunch of stuff under there, but I'm not sure if its important or not and I will find out soon enough

Old 05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

^ I only suggest one thing to you right now. You might as well go ahead and run all the wall/ door wires now, since you are going to have everything already torn apart.

My wires run like this: Power and remote- under the driver's side kicker panel. RCAs- under passenger side kicker panel. I prefer not to have to remove seats and carpet during an install, unless it is a must...

Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Ninety5PoloZ
Rookie

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
^ I only suggest one thing to you right now. You might as well go ahead and run all the wall/ door wires now, since you are going to have everything already torn apart.

My wires run like this: Power and remote- under the driver's side kicker panel. RCAs- under passenger side kicker panel. I prefer not to have to remove seats and carpet during an install, unless it is a must...
Thats usually how I run them. And I would rewire all of the speakers, but I only have tomorrow to get everything done and just don't have the time to redo everything so I'm going to leave it for now, but I know they need to be upgraded

Old 05-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Ninety5PoloZ
Thats usually how I run them. And I would rewire all of the speakers, but I only have tomorrow to get everything done and just don't have the time to redo everything so I'm going to leave it for now, but I know they need to be upgraded
That's good to hear. Seems like most people neglect that one crucial part of audio performance.

Quick Reply: Everything Is Ordered For My Stereo Install