2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift Blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
nathangfnd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmmk well sorry for the confusion.

I want to take out the 4 inch blocks and put in the 5.5 inch blocks.

As for what i do with it- Its mostly a show type truck(Daily Drive/Project Truck)

I dont want to spend a large amout of money.

As for indexing ring. I have been meaning to order one just have been working alot lately so have had no time to order or install.

The shocks are the one from the RC lift. I was wondering if they will work with 3.5 inches of extra lift(1.5 inch higher blocks, 2 inch add a leaf)

I have been told about the driveshaft- Does anyone know if im able to measure how much more lift i can do without having to get it lengthened( lengthening it will not be a problem, just dont want to do it and find out i have to wait to drive it.)

Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

as for body lift......

I was debating on if i should or shouldn't.

Are they hard to install.?.. Anyone got instruction.? My local truck accesories place does not install them. i have talked to them but they wont do it. so i was going to try an easyier way to get some lift

I want 40s so i need some clearance.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:01 PM
speeddemon31176
All Star

A body lift isn't the hardest thing to install. You will have to lengthen the steering shaft and make other adjustments. They come with pretty good instructions. The bigest issue you will likely face are the rusted bolts going through the body mounts. You will probably have atleast one that you will have to open up the floor to get at a welded nut that has spun loose. Any more suspension lift from where you are now will definitely require a longer drive shaft. You will end up waiting to have it made because you won't know the length you need until you take your measurements.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

I was under the truck a week or so ago deciding if a body lift was a good idea. The body mounts actually all looked really good. None were rusty looking and and the black rubber piece(whatever you call it) is in really good shape.

IDK if the previous owner changed them out but they dont look 10 years old...

Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
speeddemon31176
All Star

If you decide to go with a body lift I hope for your sake they have been replaced and the po was smart enough to anti seize the bolts. Not saying that you will have a problem but it is very common to have issues with older vehicles in doing a body lift and havin the body bolts be rusted solid.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:47 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get a 3" bodylift from summit for around $160 or so......heres a write up

http://pavementsucks.com/tech/bodylift.php

Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

when your lifting to this height, a better option than extending the driveshaft, is to order a SYE kit, and a tom woods shaft, with a double cardian joint on the t/case end like on the front

Quick Reply: Lift Blocks?