2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how to get stench out of the cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:54 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Go to Petco or Petsmart and buy Nature's Miracle, 3 of the biggest jugs they have of it. White Jug with Red Print.
Go to HD or Lowes and buy a box of 55 gallon drum liners and rent a rug doctor with upholstery attachments and upholstery soap.
Go home and park in the shade.

Unbolt the seats from the cab and pull them out. Douse the seats until they are soaking wet with Nature's Miracle and place each chair in a 55 gallon drum liner. Put them in the shade so the NM doesn't evaporate too quickly. With any remaining NM get wherever in the cab the dog may have touched. Close the doors and keep them closed. Go to bed.

The Next day, bust out the rug doctor, use the upholstery soap and the hottest water you can get from the tap and scrub the **** outta everything. Then scrub it again with CLEAN WATER. Go over every piece again with CLEAN WATER.

The Nature's Miracle enzymes will neutralize the smell. The soap will break up the sticky skunk funk, and the clean water will pull the soap and the skunk funk out of the fabric.

The water at the end is an absolutely critical step, leave any soap and the funk will stay and collect dirt to it later. That's the reason that foaming based cleaners seem to make the carpet dirtier weeks after you use it.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Hey, some people live out in the country on a lot of land, and their dogs just come and go as they please.
So. When i go camping i hate ppl that they there dogs run around. There a dog in my hood( we have up to 12 acers of woods) When I see them dog i chase it up the street with the truck.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice writeup!

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
Go to Petco or Petsmart and buy Nature's Miracle, 3 of the biggest jugs they have of it. White Jug with Red Print.
Go to HD or Lowes and buy a box of 55 gallon drum liners and rent a rug doctor with upholstery attachments and upholstery soap.
Go home and park in the shade.

Unbolt the seats from the cab and pull them out. Douse the seats until they are soaking wet with Nature's Miracle and place each chair in a 55 gallon drum liner. Put them in the shade so the NM doesn't evaporate too quickly. With any remaining NM get wherever in the cab the dog may have touched. Close the doors and keep them closed. Go to bed.

The Next day, bust out the rug doctor, use the upholstery soap and the hottest water you can get from the tap and scrub the **** outta everything. Then scrub it again with CLEAN WATER. Go over every piece again with CLEAN WATER.

The Nature's Miracle enzymes will neutralize the smell. The soap will break up the sticky skunk funk, and the clean water will pull the soap and the skunk funk out of the fabric.

The water at the end is an absolutely critical step, leave any soap and the funk will stay and collect dirt to it later. That's the reason that foaming based cleaners seem to make the carpet dirtier weeks after you use it.
That'll get it done...although the emzymes don't actually neutralize the smell, they eat it up. Keeping it wet long enough for the emzymes to work (overnight) is a crucial step.

Btw, its not all the dogs fault. He was just doing what all meat eating animals do...hunting. Even Wolves and coyotes have to learn about skunks the hard way. He's probably learned his lesson.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
brosnibean
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
So. When i go camping i hate ppl that they there dogs run around. There a dog in my hood( we have up to 12 acers of woods) When I see them dog i chase it up the street with the truck.
i live on 34 acres, can't see my neighbors, and i was in the back yard with him when it happened....but thanks for playing

Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Originally Posted by brosnibean
i live on 34 acres, can't see my neighbors, and i was in the back yard with him when it happened....but thanks for playing
Well than get a 4 wheeler and follow him? Or put him on a leash??

Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Dogs do the damndest things. My dog has a habbit of finding dead animals and rolling in them.

The psychology is interesting too. One minute it's ripping the head off of whatever rabbit or groundhog it's managed to corner, then maybe moments later it wants a hug, or it wants it's belly rubbed. Then it wants to jump on your bed snuggle in for the night. All while managing to be totally lovable.

People could not pull this off. If a person liked to kill poeple and roll in their dead bodies one minute, and then was totally calm and docile the next then that person would skip right past prison right into the looney bin

Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Mt dog does the same thing and deer ****! He loves deer ****!!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

should have just let the dog stew in his own stink for a while and avoid him like the plague till the smell subsided enough to stand being close enough to shave him bald.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Well than get a 4 wheeler and follow him? Or put him on a leash??
Why don't you just stop before the hole gets to deep to climb out of...

Old 06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
Dogs do the damndest things. My dog has a habbit of finding dead animals and rolling in them.

The psychology is interesting too. One minute it's ripping the head off of whatever rabbit or groundhog it's managed to corner, then maybe moments later it wants a hug, or it wants it's belly rubbed. Then it wants to jump on your bed snuggle in for the night. All while managing to be totally lovable.

People could not pull this off. If a person liked to kill poeple and roll in their dead bodies one minute, and then was totally calm and docile the next then that person would skip right past prison right into the looney bin
Haha you have a point, except for the fact that mine likes to find a huge fresh pile of cow chit to roll in, and then she wants in your lap.

Quick Reply: how to get stench out of the cab