2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Next Month's TOTM

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

*cough* We stole the idea from the 3rd gen guys. *cough*

Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, we did "borrow" this from Hammer.

PC, I don't see this the same way as you do. To me this is a way for either purpl or myself to decide who to nom next time. No, I did not clear this with Silver or any of the admins. If they see this thread, and don't approve, I don't have an issue with them deleting this thread. Remember, the rules for TOTM have changed. Before, it was just open to 4 of the first nominated, seconded, and accepted trucks. Due to their size, the 3rd genners usually ran away with it. Now that the noms are have a limit of 2 vehicles per generation, I think that this will help.

Read my other TOTM thread. Because of that thread, purpl and I decided to do this. It seems more fair to me than just the more popular members getting nominated every round.

And another thing, IIRC the 2nd gen members wouldn't even be involved in TOTM if "someone" didn't advertise it all the time.... I wonder who?????

Old 06-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, since the 3rd and 4th gen forums are all filled with pavement pounders and show trucks, this is the only way to get actual driven and off-roaded trucks into the mix.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:33 AM
acsamples79
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree in thinking this is the best way that way all of us 2nd gens. (who vote) can all agree and feel good about who is representing for the month! as opposed to someone just nominating a truck and that person accepting without anyone else knowing whats going on

Old 06-12-2009, 01:47 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Yes, we did "borrow" this from Hammer.

PC, I don't see this the same way as you do. To me this is a way for either purpl or myself to decide who to nom next time. No, I did not clear this with Silver or any of the admins. If they see this thread, and don't approve, I don't have an issue with them deleting this thread. Remember, the rules for TOTM have changed. Before, it was just open to 4 of the first nominated, seconded, and accepted trucks. Due to their size, the 3rd genners usually ran away with it. Now that the noms are have a limit of 2 vehicles per generation, I think that this will help.

Gotcha, like I said I was looking for more clairification. As long as this is just something between you and purpl, thats fine. You two can pair up and nominate anyone just like two other members could pair up and nominate someone which is they way it always has been.

Read my other TOTM thread. Because of that thread, purpl and I decided to do this. It seems more fair to me than just the more popular members getting nominated every round.
And that is why I think you are taking away from the regular nomination process. There is a reason they are probably getting nominated. Obviously people believe they (the popular members) deserve TOTM. Personally the two second gen trucks on the chopping block this month I consider popular members in our section. Both have well maintained very nice looking trucks. Those members also take it upon themselves week after week on this fourm to help other members with their truck problems. If thats what it takes to be popular, then quite frankly they have earned it fair and square imho. Don't take that away from them.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, or I wouldn't have put a nom in for one of them.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:52 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
I agree, or I wouldn't have put a nom in for one of them.
touché

Old 06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is TOTM about the trucks or the popularity of their owners? Just askin'.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:27 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
That's for you to decide.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:48 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Miami_Son

Soooo...not much different than life offline, right?

Personally I'm not concerned about popularity as much as respect, and that whatever help I've offered is as concise and accurate as I can make it. Perhaps thats why TOTM isn't a big deal amnong 2nd gen owners. We're doin' our best to keep 'em alive first.

Last edited by dsertdog56; 06-12-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Next Month's TOTM