2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The Solution to better MPG's found!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rocku
I can agree with that, but most bikers are more cautious then any other people on the road because they have to be. And on a side note I drive Semi for a living also, and comparing a car/bike accident to me is no different then my semi and a Dodge Ram coming together. You have to be aware all the time no matter what you are driving or riding.
Good analogy. Even a rolled up newspaper is dangerous...to a fly.

Now, tell me where you got those awesome RAM's head window panels or I'll kill you.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
G
Now, tell me where you got those awesome RAM's head window panels or I'll kill you.
http://www.nulime.com/1994-02-Dodge-...Covers/p137654
http://www.unbeatablesale.com/dsd417..._sku=DSD417265

Okay, I'll go back to my toy....

Old 06-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

That's great, but one is 30X20 and the other 24X24.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

One is for an extended cab and the other is for a quad.....

Old 06-14-2009, 02:04 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rocku
I can agree with that, but most bikers are more cautious then any other people on the road because they have to be. And on a side note I drive Semi for a living also, and comparing a car/bike accident to me is no different then my semi and a Dodge Ram coming together. You have to be aware all the time no matter what you are driving or riding.
i can vouch for that, i drive semi and farm tractors, hit a car with either of those, (even at slow speeds in the tractor), and its the equivlant of hitting a bike in a car

now what's embarrasing, is getting passed by a guy on a petal bike, when your driving a tractor, its happened to me

Old 06-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
One is for an extended cab and the other is for a quad.....
Freakin' know-it-all.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:14 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Freakin' know-it-all.
Sometimes......

Old 06-14-2009, 03:24 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Dude, give it a rest. I put more miles a year on bikes than on my truck. I've hit the pavement several times, and the dirt more times than I can remember. Bikes aren't your thing, I get it. No need to make all bike riders out to be morons.
Perhaps you missed the part of my post saying I wouldn't think less of anyone, as its a personal choice.

Risk your life all you want, I don't care. I was simply stating my opinion on the other side of the field from the OP's. No reason to get snippy.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:22 AM
rocku
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They rattle when you shut the door, but I don't hear them to much on the road.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

Originally Posted by jasonw
Perhaps you missed the part of my post saying I wouldn't think less of anyone, as its a personal choice.

Risk your life all you want, I don't care. I was simply stating my opinion on the other side of the field from the OP's. No reason to get snippy.
I got "snippy" because in reading your posts there is a condescending attitude that those of us who ride are just stupid. You did it again in your post above. You equate riding a motorcycle with "risking your life" as if there isn't risk in almost everything we do on a daily basis. Getting out of bed in the morning is a risk.

Yes, there are some riders that probably shouldn't ride, just like there are some drivers that shouldn't drive. Yes, motorcycles can be dangerous and injuries sustained on one will often be greater. Anyone with some sense can figure that one out. But condemning a whole group of people simply because it doesn't fit your idea of a safe mode of transport is ludicrous. I've heard all the horror stories from ER doctors and nurses, they are no more persuasive than the ones about drunk drivers who maim and kill thousands more each year. Like the one that killed my little sister.

You say you don't think less of us because we ride, but it's obvious you do. You think we are reckless risk takers with little regard for our personal safety or awareness of the dangers. That's clear from your statements. The few among us that don't respect the dangers in motorcycling usually don't last long, but even if they didn't ride they would probably end up a victim of some other dangerous activity in their lives. Life is self-regulating that way. Thankfully, they are a small percentage of the riding public. Most of us are safe, responsible people who know that every time we throw a leg over a bike may be our last. We accept the risk, even for what some idiot in a car may do, not because we're reckless and have a death wish, but because we know life is fleeting no matter how you live and we choose to embrace it, live it and enjoy it on our own terms.

If fate ordains that I die on a motorcycle, I'm OK with that. I will have lived every day up to that point doing something I love and not living in fear. That, to me, is worth the risk.

Quick Reply: The Solution to better MPG's found!!