2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The Solution to better MPG's found!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 PM
rocku
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Solution to better MPG's found!!

. Sorry guys, just had to show what to do when you've had enough of poor gas mileage. The truck gets 14 if I turn it off while going down hills, the bike LOL 75.5-80

Mike

Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

The bike is also a dozen times more dangerous to drive.

Not to be Mr. Buzz Killington here, but it is. Its your life, do with it what you will, but if someone decides to be stupid, it doesn't matter whether its the driver of the car or the driver of the bike; the driver on the bike will pay for it.

There is a reason I call motorcycle guys "organ donors".

Old 06-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dirtbikes aren't much fun on the highway, even if enduro bikes are street legal.

But that is some good *** gas mileage. Lots of fun in the woods too.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:39 PM
rocku

I understand what you are saying and on a "normal" road bike I would agree, however this is a back-road/trail bike and should(and does on my part) stay that way. Anyone else who chooses to take a bike like this on highways IMO would fall into your category. But stupid people are all around in trucks or on bikes. But I know you are talking who would survive and who would'nt.
It's just one of those things, I still try to convince my wife that she has a better chance of dying on the way to Cedar Point then on a roller coaster

Old 06-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, if your in an area where bikes are respected on the highway, then more power to ya.
Places like Texas, California, Florida, and the likes, I could see owning a bike, but where I am? I don't think so. Firstly, I don't grasp owning a piece of machinery that I can only ride 4 months out of the year (That is on a good year).
Not to mention, no one around here respects a person on a bike. They get cut off, they get ran off the road.... It's not a good thing, and that is why I wouldn't want one. It also has something to do with the fact that I prefer 4 wheels underneath me as opposed to two....

Old 06-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

I've spent most of my life on a bike and half of that making a living on them. Shiite happens, better to have fun and enjoy life than live in fear. This is my idea of fun, even at 50 years young. I'm Rick:
http://vimeo.com/3701106

(If it asks for a password use mxrider87)

www.mcjournalist.com

Last edited by Miami_Son; 06-13-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:36 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

"Not living in fear"? No offense, but this has nothing to do with fear. This is about a dent in a bumper of your car or the smearing of your brain on the road. Driving a vehicle with all the idiots on the road is one thing, driving on the road with absolutely no protection and idiots is another.

Is a few hundred dollars a year and the rush/fun worth risking your life, or worse yet, being paralyzed and/or a vegetable for the rest of your life? I guess thats my real point. However, it is a personal choice, and I will not think less of you, Miami Son, or anyone else, for that choice. I just feel really strongly on the issue, and don't want you to meet my wife (RN) in the ICU someday.

There are far fewer motorcycles on the road, even during the height of summer and the Sturgis bike rally, than there are cars. Yet my wife always comes home with stories upon stores of bikers. The ratio of bike accidents to bikers is far worse than the ratio of car accidents to cars.

I'm with you on the "not respected" thing, Laramie. I always try to watch for them, and most bikers are good about it, but you always get the few young idiots on the crotch rockets that will dart between cars with inches of clearance. Its those few idiots that give the rest of the bikers that non-respected image out here, IMO.

Last edited by jasonw; 06-13-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

Dude, give it a rest. I put more miles a year on bikes than on my truck. I've hit the pavement several times, and the dirt more times than I can remember. Bikes aren't your thing, I get it. No need to make all bike riders out to be morons. If you're afraid to ride one then you have no business being on one, so I agree with you there. But lots of people ride them safely and never have a mishap. I know my fair share of those riders. I've also buried a few friends. Some places are more dangerous than others, yes, but even here in SoCal it is always a challenge. We're allowed to split lanes here and still, riding a bike isn't as dangerous as you make it out to be. We know the risks and we do what we can to minimize them, when possible. Bottom line: Life is a risk, no one survives it.

I'd rather risk my life riding than sitting on the couch chowing down a cheeseburger and keeling over from a coronary. Yeah, I know people who have died that way, too.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 06-13-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:05 PM
rocku

Originally Posted by jasonw

I'm with you on the "not respected" thing, Laramie. I always try to watch for them, and most bikers are good about it, but you always get the few young idiots on the crotch rockets that will dart between cars with inches of clearance. Its those few idiots that give the rest of the bikers that non-respected image out here, IMO.

I can agree with that, but most bikers are more cautious then any other people on the road because they have to be. And on a side note I drive Semi for a living also, and comparing a car/bike accident to me is no different then my semi and a Dodge Ram coming together. You have to be aware all the time no matter what you are driving or riding.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:22 AM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

I still want a bike. There's no reason not to enjoy life with the thought of death the only thing holding you back. I've skydived, I've flipped fourwheelers, i've been in car wrecks, I've gone 140mph just to feel the rush. But hell, those were the most happiest times of my life. Life does come to an end. And when it's your time to go, then it's your time to go. Whether it be on a bike, or eating a cheeseburger. I will still get a bike, no matter what. I know where I'm going when I die, and that's all that matters. So...enjoy!

Quick Reply: The Solution to better MPG's found!!