2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another TOTM Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009 | 06:16 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jasonw
Blown... I won't discuss that here. Look through the other TOTM threads and you'll see what I mean.
Jason, I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I will look. For me, I was just grateful to be nominted.

Plus there's the fact that its a nice looking Dakota,
Thank you Sir, yours in nice also. I'm just glad we all drive Dodges.

Old 06-25-2009 | 06:37 PM
Laramie1997
|
Grand Champion

Blown, Stay out of this thread. I don't care if you are a mod, but Stay away.
I have no hard feelings for you, but I damn sure don't want the Dak lynch mob to come in and destroy this thread.
Ram owners are family, we back other like us.
You have a nice truck, but We support rams.
Start no chit and there will be no chit.
All this thread was meant for was to friendly remind the 2nd gen guys that havent voted to go and vote.

Old 06-25-2009 | 06:41 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion

jasonw addressed me directly in his post. I'm not looking to start trouble Laramie. If directly addressed I will respond. I have no hard feelings for you either.

Old 06-25-2009 | 06:54 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

im in lol

Old 06-25-2009 | 07:09 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

I havent looked at a map in awile. I didnt know West Virginia was so close to Virginia!

Old 06-25-2009 | 07:18 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Blown, Stay out of this thread. I don't care if you are a mod, but Stay away.
I have no hard feelings for you, but I damn sure don't want the Dak lynch mob to come in and destroy this thread.
Ram owners are family, we back other like us.
You have a nice truck, but We support rams.
Start no chit and there will be no chit.
All this thread was meant for was to friendly remind the 2nd gen guys that havent voted to go and vote.
Well, I own neither a Ram or a Dakota, but I've owned 2 Dakotas. Guess what? We all drive or own a Chrysler product, isnt that enough to support EVERYONE in the contest? Vote for the vehicle you like the best, dont just vote because its a Ram or a Dakota....

As for any Ram/Dakota members posting in the thread, regardless of mod/admin/regular member, start any **** and I will shut you down in a hurry. HOWEVER, they have every right to respond to any comments. I think that Blown has been very civil and has not said anything that warrants a rude response.

I'm not going to choose a side, but I won't tolerate any more nonsense on the forums over the ROTM.

Also, Laramie, your comment about Itty Bitty trucks starts enough **** with them as you accuse them of doing. I'd appreciate it if you would please remember that and keep the bashing out of the posts as well. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER

If you have a problem with any mod or admin, please PM BadStratRT/94rt10ohio/DevilsReject

Old 06-25-2009 | 07:26 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Really brief add on, I'm not looking to **** anyone off, but we've just had enough of the bickering.... so while some of you may be upset by my comments, this is not directed at most of you.....those who it is directed to all know who it goes to...

Old 06-25-2009 | 07:27 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Blown287
jasonw addressed me directly in his post. I'm not looking to start trouble Laramie. If directly addressed I will respond. I have no hard feelings for you either.
I do have a few questions for you and/or other moderators that will be addressed via PMs.

And I agree with you, you have every right to respond to my post, as I did mention your name.

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
Well, I own neither a Ram or a Dakota, but I've owned 2 Dakotas. Guess what? We all drive or own a Chrysler product, isnt that enough to support EVERYONE in the contest? Vote for the vehicle you like the best, dont just vote because its a Ram or a Dakota....
No offense to you sir, and no disrespect intended, but I will attempt to influence my fellow 2nd generation owners however I wish to influence them. They are, of course, free to vote for whomever they wish, but I personally have always liked the Rams better. I used to own a Dakota as well, and always wanted a Ram.

If there was a Dakota vs. a Chevrolet Colorado, for example, I'd be all about rallying for the Dakota, don't get me wrong.

Blown has a nice Dakota, and has done lots of work to it, but if it comes down to two even remotely close matched vehicles, a Dakota and a Ram, I will vote for the Ram 99.9% of the time. Blown deserves some respect for what he has done with his ride, no doubt about it, but I will still influence my fellow Ram owners to vote for another Ram.

Whether my "influencing" has any effect on my fellow Ram owners is another story (probably none), but I still have to try.

As for any Ram/Dakota members posting in the thread, regardless of mod/admin/regular member, start any **** and I will shut you down in a hurry. HOWEVER, they have every right to respond to any comments. I think that Blown has been very civil and has not said anything that warrants a rude response.
As I said to Blown earlier in this post, I completely agree. He has every right to respond to my mentioning his name. No offense to Laramie, I think he is just fired up a little.

Last edited by jasonw; 06-25-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2009 | 07:32 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Laramie, I really appreciate the support, but every guy has a right to post here, provided he doesn't come in and break a rule.

I regularly post in the Dak section. If a guy comes in here and starts chit, then report it, to the names above or me or Pyro. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. Even if in retaliation, it will be simply viewed as attack #2...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 06-25-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2009 | 07:41 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

No offense to you sir, and no disrespect intended, but I will attempt to influence my fellow 2nd generation owners however I wish to influence them. They are, of course, free to vote for whomever they wish, but I personally have always liked the Rams better. I used to own a Dakota as well, and always wanted a Ram.

If there was a Dakota vs. a Chevrolet Colorado, for example, I'd be all about rallying for the Dakota, don't get me wrong.

Blown has a nice Dakota, and has done lots of work to it, but if it comes down to two even remotely close matched vehicles, a Dakota and a Ram, I will vote for the Ram 99.9% of the time.
That's fine, I have no problem with you wanting to vote for this vehicle or that vehicle. However, this happened once already on this forum with a bunch of Diesel trucks and it didnt end well. When I vote on a vehicle, I look at both function and work put in to it, not just the model of the vehicle. There is no reason a purely stock vehicle should ever win a competition, short of a complete factory restore of a classic car/truck.

I guess what it comes down to is making sure you vote for what you like, not just cuz its what you drive.... as long as this remains a friendly fair contest, i got no beef at all..

Quick Reply: Another TOTM Thread