2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram 2wd-lifted

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I really didnt want to get into this but 2 of those dodges are not even close to being the same heavy truck from factory and the other 2 look close but how much money have been put into them and there 3rd gens anyways

Old 12-22-2009, 07:54 PM
011500Ram
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right.

You know what they DON'T have though? Spacers, Blocks, Add a Leaf, and other hobo fab.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:07 PM
willstruck
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
You know why some people think KORE is overrated? Because it costs $5000 for their suspension systems. Most every owner on this forum could be called a hard-working blue collor Americans. We dont live in California where a ****ing 2 bedroom house costs $700,000. We live out on the east coast and the midwest where mudding is very popular. We dont buy our stuff to look like race trucks, because if I was gonna look like a race truck, I'm gonna build it myself dumbass! You think that if I was gonna build a race truck that I'm gonna use off-the-shelf parts? Hell no!

Now, I dont mean to bash KORE, they are a great company and build awesome stuff. And I also do think that block and spacer lifts are dangerous and stupid. There are other cheap ways to lift our trucks.
Hey now. You ever actually travel much? My house cost 247k, 3 bedroom, 3 car garage, 2000 sq feet. I moved down here from WA, where mudding was a lot more popular (probably because there's no mud here), but I got a way nicer house than I would have gotten up there. There is a huge difference between a race truck, and a mudding truck. A race truck barely has a lift. Maybe 2 inches. The point is the suspension. Wider axles, rolling out fenders to fit 35s, but keeping low enough that you can actually turn. Mud is all about height, and tire size. A true mud truck probably can't go sixty, definately can't turn going faster than 15 mph. I've built a few trucks for mudding, and definately seen many more built for it.

You can't compare 2 different purposes for a truck. It's like comparing Nascar to rally racing.

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram 2wd-lifted