2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram 2wd-lifted

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 03:03 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't ignore the thread, the OP can do what he wants, its his rig

i was just making a point

Old 12-18-2009, 01:14 PM
287cc
Veteran

Originally Posted by Weldor
There more affordable for the average person to buy, and most people dont need the hauling power a CTD provides. Its actually worse on a diesel engine to just drive around town and haul the odd thing here and there. For most of us a good old 360 or 318 works just fine. As to the suspension lift part of the thread, there isn't anything wrong with lifting a 2wd truck, its your truck after all. But if your really looking into off roading you may be better off with a 4x4 truck or a locker for your rear axle. But if all your wanting out of the lift is to fit a bigger tire then just stick with your 2wd and throw a leveling kit or a small BL on your rig and you'll be fine with MOST off roading.
I was proving a point to Mopar Mike of being narrow minded. I myself have a gas powered truck and love it.

In the truck scene we just cant make everyone happy.

Some hate 4x4 lowered. Yet 4x4 owners who lower their truck dont climb rocks or go mudding they just want all around better traction/control for foul weather, but want the low look.

Some dont see a point in spending money on a truck to be raced at the track. When a car can do it for far less while being cheaper and be far more quicker.

Hell most 4x4 thats are lifted dont have a real lift kit anyways. What I mean by real is a kore or carli suspension,etc, the ones that handle the real abuse of off roading. Not a fabtech, cst or bodylift. Which most 4x4 owners have installed. Nothing wrong with those by the way.

It just all depends on what you want. Just remember do what you want if thats what makes you happy go for it. Not everyone will agree with you. Just brush the haters off your shoulders, lol

Old 12-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Weldor
Veteran

I'd rather have 4x4 and not need it, then need 4x4 and not have it. And I think the reason most of us don't have a "real" kit as you stated, is purely do to cost/amount of off-roading we see. Most of us don't need to spend thousands of dollars on a kore or carli suspension system. For lots of us companies such as Fabtech, BDS, Skyjacker, and Rancho all handle great off-road and on the street...can't really say that a kore or carli set up is going to do that for you. But you are correct that the truck scene will never make everyone happy, theres just to much you can do with them. We should all just sell our trucks and buy civics, then everyone mod them the same way like everyone elce with a civic mods them!

Last edited by Weldor; 12-18-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:42 PM
011500Ram
Banned

I'd rather have 4x4 and not need it, then need 4x4 and not have it.
You know that most 4x4's are 2WD right?
Fabtech, BDS, Skyjacker, and Rancho all handle great

can't really say that a kore or carli set up is going to do that for you.

Did you really just compare redneck lifts to Kore setups? Satan called, hell just froze over.

Last edited by 011500Ram; 12-18-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:54 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

why do you call them redneck lifts??
really, i want to know

my dad and i put a 2.5 inch tough country leaf pack on the front of his super duty, the kit was in no way 'redneck' and functions perfectly, hell the truck rides better than it did before

my truck has a 2 inch rough country lift, can't say anything about ride quality, it was on there when i bought it, couldn't tell it wasn't factory equipment

Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Weldor
Veteran

Originally Posted by 011500Ram
You know that most 4x4's are 2WD right?

Did you really just compare redneck lifts to Kore setups? Satan called, hell just froze over.
Sure unless your locked like I am, just like 2wd's are really just 1wd's. I only compared price to what most people need. Of course kore setups are better then the so called "redneck" lifts, but you pay thousands more for them. Most people dont need that kind of a suspension setup or want to spend more on suspension then they did the truck. And I would also like to hear why you claim that kits like Fabtech, BDS, or Skyjacker are "redneck". And how many Kore setups do you see on DD's on the street compared to the common lift kits? The "redneck" kits work double duty, on the street most of them handle well, as they do offroad.

Last edited by Weldor; 12-18-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:09 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional

I just bought a 3" lift kit for my 01 sport, 2wd, and couldnt be happier. When I bought the truck the tires were shot so I stole the 33-12.50-15s off my dads jeep and they only rubbed on one side in a real bind.After that I wanted to address the infamous doge lean so i looked at 2500 springs. I couldnt buy stock springs for the price of the lift so I bought it instead. included new springs, new front shocks, and a 1" rear lift block(that i did not use). Now I dont do much offroading, but now I am not entirely helpless if I want to. So to the op I say go with a decent susp. lift to retain a decent ride, and if you want more lift you could always use a 5" spindle lift( I think you have to run 17"s or bigger)and still be relatively safe and easy on tires.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:13 PM
98shorty

i own a 98 2wd with 2.5'' spacers in the front and 2'' block in the rear..i lifted because it sat lower than p*** on the ground...i use it off road and the lift got my bumpers and rocker pannels up out of the deep ruts a bit ..and i didnt like the look of it ...so i did it for function and fashion...it sits up the same as a 4x4 now....the ride is stiffer now but not so bad that im going to take it out..

Old 12-19-2009, 02:07 AM
011500Ram
Banned

Sure unless your locked like I am, just like 2wd's are really just 1wd's. I only compared price to what most people need. Of course kore setups are better then the so called "redneck" lifts, but you pay thousands more for them. Most people dont need that kind of a suspension setup or want to spend more on suspension then they did the truck. And I would also like to hear why you claim that kits like Fabtech, BDS, or Skyjacker are "redneck". And how many Kore setups do you see on DD's on the street compared to the common lift kits? The "redneck" kits work double duty, on the street most of them handle well, as they do offroad.

See this thread for an explanation: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...tmas-gift.html

And for the record, I know of at least 5 teams in the LV area with KORE kits. We don't do redneck hacknfab out here, we build real trucks.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:23 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do any of yall realize how old this thread is? and the OP hasnt been on in 2 months?

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram 2wd-lifted