2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram 2wd-lifted

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Weldor
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 011500Ram
See this thread for an explanation: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...tmas-gift.html

And for the record, I know of at least 5 teams in the LV area with KORE kits. We don't do redneck hacknfab out here, we build real trucks.
Well if you think people that don't spend $5000+ on a suspension system are rednecks...then hell ya I guess I'm a redneck! I still don't see a $1000+ BDS system as redneck but thats your opinion and your free to have it. Just so you do know I'm a professional welder and I'm completely against hack jobs/half-assed work, I just see nothing wrong with a 2.5" spacer to clear my 33's on my DD, which still needs to get me to work and back, I don't really need 5 grand in suspension to do that and to go mudding or hit a trail once in awhile. And for the record my truck gets me to Ft. McMurray, through the oil sands and to the pipeline for me to weld, and survives the -50c weather...It's a real truck.

Last edited by Weldor; 12-19-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:01 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Hell, KORE is overrated. If I was rich and was able to spend the $5000+ it costs to put a KORE kit on, then yea I would. But to lift a truck with a so-called "redneck" suspension to get to and from work, a $1000 lift kit is beautiful. See, Those that build a $5000 suspension are boys playing in the sand. While us men that are "rednecks" work for a living, and we lift our trucks cheaply because we have much more valuable things to spend that other $4000 on . At least thats how I feel.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
lane
Veteran

why not put a lift on a 2wd truck? i myself wouldnt consider putting anymore then probably 3-5" on mine just because i wont be offroading much, and it would be only so i could clear bigger tires. but still, its no different then owning a truck just to drive back and forth to work. or having a v8 when u could do with a v6. just do whatever you want and who cares.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
Hell, KORE is overrated. If I was rich and was able to spend the $5000+ it costs to put a KORE kit on, then yea I would. But to lift a truck with a so-called "redneck" suspension to get to and from work, a $1000 lift kit is beautiful. See, Those that build a $5000 suspension are boys playing in the sand. While us men that are "rednecks" work for a living, and we lift our trucks cheaply because we have much more valuable things to spend that other $4000 on . At least thats how I feel.

amen

Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Weldor
Veteran

Originally Posted by lane
why not put a lift on a 2wd truck? i myself wouldnt consider putting anymore then probably 3-5" on mine just because i wont be offroading much, and it would be only so i could clear bigger tires. but still, its no different then owning a truck just to drive back and forth to work. or having a v8 when u could do with a v6. just do whatever you want and who cares.

I never said I had a problem with lifting a 2wd.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM
lane
Veteran

Originally Posted by Weldor
I never said I had a problem with lifting a 2wd.
sorry if you thought that was directed at you, it wasnt. just a post replying to the thread in general. it comes down to personal preference. i'd rather have a lifted 2wd then a ricer cavalier lol. im sure anyone in their right mind would though... haha

Old 12-21-2009, 01:56 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

wow, people getting pissy over nothing at all like little children. BTW, This post isnt directed towards anyone in direct...

A small lift on a 2wd is ok. Somthing like lifting up the rear 1.5-2 inches is cool. And then make it so the front is level with the rear. That would look nice. Stuff like 6 inches...Over kill IMO.

But opinions are like ***holes..everybody has one.

I also am one to say. Its yours do what ya want with it.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:48 PM
011500Ram
Banned

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
KORE is overrated? Wow, looks like someone doesn't know jack about offroading then. KORE makes the best Dodge suspension, period. They race on the kits they sell. Their chase truck suspension is equivalent race suspension, but designed for payload instead of higher speed.

Subframe lifts, blocks, leaves, and spacers are all waste of money and sometimes dangerous solutions to lifting a vehicle.

As for spending the money, the people buying those suspension kits also work for a living. Their jobs are for companies like McMillin, Terrible Herbst, Camburg, and Riviera. You silly lift kit kiddies buy your stuff to look like a race truck, out here we build race trucks.

I believe the correct acronym for doing that is, RICE. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

Enjoy your Rice trucks.

Last edited by 011500Ram; 12-21-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

Originally Posted by 011500Ram
KORE is overrated? Wow, looks like someone doesn't know jack about offroading then. KORE makes the best Dodge suspension, period. They race on the kits they sell. Their chase truck suspension is equivalent race suspension, but designed for payload instead of higher speed.

Subframe lifts, blocks, leaves, and spacers are all waste of money and sometimes dangerous solutions to lifting a vehicle.

As for spending the money, the people buying those suspension kits also work for a living. Their jobs are for companies like McMillin, Terrible Herbst, Camburg, and Riviera. You silly lift kit kiddies buy your stuff to look like a race truck, out here we build race trucks.

I believe the correct acronym for doing that is, RICE. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

Enjoy your Rice trucks.

Hey buddy.. Need a new pad?

lol Ths thread will be locked soon i bet. I swear People cant just type out a simple sentence without calling somone out or saying, this is the right way and your wrong! Why cant you just say. In my opinion this isnt a good way of lifting but its your money. Or say, id rather spend this much $$ and get this than that BUT it is your truck to do WHAT YOU WANT WITH.

Calling people ricer's? Why do this? Oh, to cause problems and more fussing..

And BTW, There are moderater's on here with coil spacer's/leveling kits. So be careful.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:01 PM
011500Ram
Banned

Originally Posted by DODGEPWR

And BTW, There are moderater's on here with coil spacer's/leveling kits. So be careful.
Ok, and? The moderators here have proven time and time again that they don't make decisions based on personal opinion.

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram 2wd-lifted