2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bad Gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
It's a shame that Chrysler is where it's at because if you look at their lineup for the past decade, they have some of the nicest looking, best performing vehicles on the market. Some real engineering and design instead of the same ol', same ol' BS that GM and Ford have been churning out. And when it comes to full-size trucks, regardless of how popular Fords are, Dodge has been the style everyone else has been trying to imitate for a long time now.
Agreed. The only problem has been the use of only V6 and V8 technology as gas prices were going up, and horrible management by MB. When MB took over in 98-99 I thought it would have been a benefit since a luxury car company was taking over an average Joe company, but not so. MB only saw Chrysler as a b*tch to slap around a screw over. They took the best engineers, and looted the vault. They took what could help them and left the crumbs for the rest to fend for themselves. They truly raped Chrysler. I guess it was just the Germans getting back at the Americans. Regardless of what reason, the outcome was the same. I used to like MB and even thought about buying one, but as I learned more I decided against it. Their quality has also been going down and new buyer ratings have dropped. Chrysler needs good engineers, good designers, and a lot of money. I predict that the UAW will sell their stock in the company and again rape Chrysler for all they can. They are not really interested in a long term company, but more of a quick money maker. What FIAT will do, who knows?

Quick Reply: Bad Gas mileage