2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

all-metal radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may never have been on a farm, but isn't a combine scarier? Doesn't that have those big freaking shredder things on the front that look like they'll eat you up and spit you out the other side? Isn't that what you use to collect the wheat or some other?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ram15002ndGen
I may never have been on a farm, but isn't a combine scarier? Doesn't that have those big freaking shredder things on the front that look like they'll eat you up and spit you out the other side? Isn't that what you use to collect the wheat or some other?
hahaha

a combine is scary, but moves a lil slower thru the field
its used to harvest corn, soybeans and wheat in our operation, and that thing on the front is called the head, it pulls the crop into the combine, and the corn head could break your leg, if not kill you, but yea its scary, and i get to drive it (and i don't even own it, my dad does)

Old 07-16-2009, 10:34 AM
over2land

Originally Posted by jasonw
I wasn't meaning a big intro thread, just in the beginning of your first post in this thread even...

You'll have to forgive some of us if we are quick tempered. Some of us work with the public all day long and come home quite "hot". Personally, I don't mind newb questions much (except others like "what size tires fit" that have been asked 1,000,001 times), just bad manners or disrespect. Now we see that you weren't bad mannered, you're just so used to being "one of the guys" you didn't notice that you didn't properly introduce yourself.
Ah, gotcha.

Yep, so used to being "one of the guys" I didn't even think of that... lol. Ah well. Thanks for the explanation. Makes way more sense now.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
hahaha

a combine is scary, but moves a lil slower thru the field
its used to harvest corn, soybeans and wheat in our operation, and that thing on the front is called the head, it pulls the crop into the combine, and the corn head could break your leg, if not kill you, but yea its scary, and i get to drive it (and i don't even own it, my dad does)
Yep, I've only seen them on TV, specially on Scary Movies based on farms & such. You guys ever catch any varmints in those things when you're harvesting a field, or does it make so much racket everything scatters? I though those things were so expensive now a days that some farmers were leasing or renting them for the season instead of buying them any more?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:52 PM
swirvin21

they do make an all-aluminum replacement radiator for our Dodges...I have one! Bought it from this place. No plastic tanks. Spent about $250 I think. Had it about 10 months, no problems and if it ever leaks, I can just get it TIG'd.

http://www.alumorad.com/dodge-ram-va...radiator-.html

Quick Reply: all-metal radiator?