2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no wife no kids just me and the ram

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:24 AM
2damnyankee
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8t5gt
i dont even know how you do the cap n rotor on one without a bodylift, i waited to do mine till i did the bodylift and it is a breeze now ahahah. fn bad designs eh?

thats what im talking about i did the cap and rotor before i put the plenum back on plus the wires (had to cut the wires to length) before i installed them

Old 07-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99DRAM31887
lol i thought mine wouldn't fin in my garage because of the roll bar but it barley squeezes in it misses the door by like an inch lol and i can fit the whole truck in and shut the door i feel like if this was a contest i would win lol
that sounds like when i went to a mall in raleigh, the parking deck has a metal bar hanging down over the entrance that says 7' on it and with my 33's i was worried that i would have to hold up the 300+ cars at the light so i could back up and go to the lower parking area. when i went under it i stopped and poked my head over the cab to make sure i wasn't going to rub the roof on it because it looked like it would. the cars behind me weren't happy but i wasn't about to tear up my roof.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

I wonder that very same thing every time I have to go into a tight parking garage. I don't know how you guys do it with these raised trucks. I have a regular hight truck and some times I only have like an inch of clearance in some parking garages. Yea, I have done the poking head out of window bit myself. It looks really tight when you are sitting in the cab even when you have room to spare. Yea, Sheriff I can imagine how nice everyone would have been to you if they had to back up to let you out. It would have become a crime scene.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:00 PM
2damnyankee
Veteran

well after all is done no more leaks, vaccume whistle,power is restored.
But here is the weird thing i have one of those throttle body spacers and decided not to put it back on and the truck just wouldn't start up or run smooth and no idle.

put the spacer back on and she fired rite up smooth idle only down fall is now the new 14 x 3 filter dont fit and i had to put the stock box w/ the k&n filter back in.
I guess if i want the 14x3 back on i'll have to get a body lift, man my wife is going to happy about that,She already complains she get up into the truck now. hahahaha LMAO oh well she will get over it

Old 07-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

that doesn't sound right. 99% of us don't have a spacer and don't have a problem.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:59 PM
2damnyankee
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
that doesn't sound right. 99% of us don't have a spacer and don't have a problem.
i didn't have it on for a long time. when i put the 14 x 3 on.
when i went to try and start it up the first time it stumbled all over its self so i just tried it and runns with it on. took it back off and tried w/out the spacer and the samething stumbleing all over so for now it stays on and the factory filter set up until i get a body lift.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:03 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
that sounds like when i went to a mall in raleigh, the parking deck has a metal bar hanging down over the entrance that says 7' on it and with my 33's i was worried that i would have to hold up the 300+ cars at the light so i could back up and go to the lower parking area. when i went under it i stopped and poked my head over the cab to make sure i wasn't going to rub the roof on it because it looked like it would. the cars behind me weren't happy but i wasn't about to tear up my roof.
I can't event fit in them any more! With the 3" lift and the bar no chance. It was tight with just the bar on. I did the same thing as you. Stopped and looked.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
I can't event fit in them any more! With the 3" lift and the bar no chance. It was tight with just the bar on. I did the same thing as you. Stopped and looked.
i had about 15 cars behind me stopped waiting on me with about 300 from all directions at the traffic lights, if i would have had to back up there would have been a lot of unhappy people.

yankee, that still doesn't sound right. all the spacer does is lift your tb a little higher, giving you a minor increase in intake capacity. it shouldn't have any effect on the idle.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 PM
2damnyankee
Veteran

I'm telling you my truck is like a women and will only work rite if it has what it wants LOL

I know i doesn't sound rite but it works and i will let it alone until something goes wrong
maybe the map sensor is going and that plate leans or richen's it out
i was thinking about it and dont remember that last time i changed the map sensor. must have been a few yrs ago, going to get one tomarrow. i have no cel so at least i will have a new map sensor on hand if that is the case

Old 07-27-2009, 02:18 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

how long should the map sensor last? i don't have a cel and it still runs right but i'm curious about the normal lifespan.

i know what you mean about your truck too. mines the same way, it likes the bosch platinum +4 plugs better than anything else and a lot of people on here say that they're junk.

Quick Reply: no wife no kids just me and the ram