2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sluggish on takeoff - tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kf4ayw
Pulled the TB off and on top of the Plenum is a fine coating of oil, no puddling or large quantity like I have read about. Cleaned the TB and all the ports so hopefully this will help. Changed out the Speed sensor on the tranny and it seems to be shifting better, but will not be able to take it out on the road for a GOOD test until in the morning. At work, doing all this stuff..... Did find that the Gound cable had a bad connection, fixed that also.

Thanks for all the input. I appreciated it. If this doesn't work will look into the solenoid and stuff next.

Michael
The plenum is most likely not what your issue is, but I guarantee you, it needs to be replaced. If it hasn't already been replaced, it is broken. No visual test can confirm or not if the gasket is broken (unless there is no coating of oil in there at all).

Mine looked like just a fine coating to, no pooling or anything... but when I had it replaced with a modified intake, there was half a quart or more of oil in there, pooling in places where you can't see it. It had failed, I just couldn't see it.

Quick Reply: Sluggish on takeoff - tranny?