2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How do you know if you need to replace your water pump?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
I'm not knockin' the quality of Kragen parts, It's the lifetime warranty thing I'm talking about. Most of us here can do the work ourselves, but what about the people that don't, and get the part for free but have to pay labor to do the job again? Not arguing, just sayin'.
Haha, Sorry, went right over my head. Many times I forget that there are people out there that just don't know about this stuff. Same as many times my wife will ask me to explain the simplest things on the computer and I'm like "huh? That's so simple." For the folks that don't know how to replace their own parts, then my advice would be to take it to a pro from the start and that way they warranty the parts and labor.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:50 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
^i'm going to disagree. Autozone's duralast brand is fine, it probably comes from the same plant in mexico as where the Advance line comes from. lifetime warranty. Also i don't think there is anything wrong with the gasket. i'd put a very light coat of rtv on both sides and go around the bolt holes and put rtv on the threads of the longer bolts that go into the water jacket.
Sorry, maybe I just have had bad experiences at AutoZone. Dont get me started on the employes from there. THe only things I get from there now is car wash and electrial connectors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you know if you need to replace your water pump?