2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.56 are installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:53 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by acsamples79
I DID! he asked how i heard of them and told them that you have me their name, so let me know if you ever are going to go up there so i can remind them that you got them almost $2000 worth of business! theyre cool as hell i went to lunch with them and talked to em about all kinds of cool $hit...he gives people good deals alot so he will hook you up, if i were you i wouldnt even consider going anywhere else but there
I dont think I would go anywhere else from what you have told me. Looks likethey are a great shop! I dont know of any other 4x4 shop around me, anyway. I might buy my next set of tires from them as they sell Toyos. Sounds like a great deal!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:40 AM
Frank21x
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I DID! he asked how i heard of them and told them that you have me their name, so let me know if you ever are going to go up there so i can remind them that you got them almost $2000 worth of business! theyre cool as hell i went to lunch with them and talked to em about all kinds of cool $hit...he gives people good deals alot so he will hook you up, if i were you i wouldnt even consider going anywhere else but there
are you running stock size rubber right now? I had 33x12.50s on mine with stock gearing and it was pretty decent. decided I was going to lift it and had the gearing done with 4.56s as well. ran that with the 33s for about 8 months or so to break both front and rear in (I dont drive the truck that often.. took that long to do it!) then had the lift put in and had 35x12.50 Hankooks put on some new alloys. it's got some good low end power but it just feels laggish getting up to speed when you hit 3rd gear. I feel like I should have gone with 4.88s but then I would have less top end and even more terrible gas mileage. as is it still lights up the tires fine, but just seems like I have to stick my foot in it more than I should.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:19 AM
acsamples79
Veteran

Originally Posted by Frank21x
are you running stock size rubber right now? I had 33x12.50s on mine with stock gearing and it was pretty decent. decided I was going to lift it and had the gearing done with 4.56s as well. ran that with the 33s for about 8 months or so to break both front and rear in (I dont drive the truck that often.. took that long to do it!) then had the lift put in and had 35x12.50 Hankooks put on some new alloys. it's got some good low end power but it just feels laggish getting up to speed when you hit 3rd gear. I feel like I should have gone with 4.88s but then I would have less top end and even more terrible gas mileage. as is it still lights up the tires fine, but just seems like I have to stick my foot in it more than I should.
yeah im running 265's for now, til i rip the tread off then im gonna go up to 285's i dont want to go any bigger because i want to keep as much low end as possible, its killing me having to wait for them to break in because i want to just see what i can do with the new gears, im a serious leadfoot and now im driving like a damn grandma everywhere i go, i had a guy in a f-150 pull uup next to me reving up his motor, and i wanted so bad to leave him crying....but i had to watch him floor it as i was trying not to **** any thing up

Old 08-08-2009, 09:25 AM
gipperkid
Veteran

Where did you get gears from? And what about the front gears as far as a new carrier?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

yeah im running 265's for now, til i rip the tread off then im gonna go up to 285's i dont want to go any bigger because i want to keep as much low end as possible, its killing me having to wait for them to break in because i want to just see what i can do with the new gears, im a serious leadfoot and now im driving like a damn grandma everywhere i go, i had a guy in a f-150 pull uup next to me reving up his motor, and i wanted so bad to leave him crying....but i had to watch him floor it as i was trying not to **** any thing up
just think, most likely next time you see him, you'll be able leave him in the dust looking at your big exhaust tip through the tire smoke

Old 08-08-2009, 12:39 PM
acsamples79
Veteran

Originally Posted by gipperkid
Where did you get gears from? And what about the front gears as far as a new carrier?
well the guy who owns the 4X4 shop bought everything from randys ring and pinion, and i told him i wanted to get a new carrier over the thick gear so i would imagine thats what he did,

Old 08-08-2009, 12:41 PM
acsamples79
Veteran

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
just think, most likely next time you see him, you'll be able leave him in the dust looking at your big exhaust tip through the tire smoke
haha! you have no idea how much im looking forward to that day, there all kinds of wannabe trucks around here (more look, no go) who just think theyre the cats ***, i just cant wait for them gears to break in...im gonna have all KINDS of fun around here... i mean as im breaking them in under light acceleration it still feels so much beefier, i havent even gone half throttle and im already smilen about it

Old 08-08-2009, 01:00 PM
chris101
Professional

Wow 4:56. Time for some taller tires. Gonna lift it so you can fit some 35s

Old 08-08-2009, 02:08 PM
acsamples79
Veteran

nah, i put a 3inch lift on a while back, thats prolly all im gonna mess with, and i want to keep a lot of low end torque so ill probably stay no bigger than 33's

Old 08-08-2009, 02:59 PM
chris101
Professional

With 4:56 your gonne be revving the hck out of it going down the highway with those little tires. Thats all I was saying. I have 4:10 in my 2500 with 285s and I am going to go with bigger tires on it soon. Than again I would probally have upgraded to 3/4 ton axles before I put alot of money into the gears.

Quick Reply: 4.56 are installed