2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Formosa Joe
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I feel this would be a good place to start about mt a/c probs. I have a '95 1500 5.2 2 wheel drive Ram, just had a/c redone, new comp, new accum, new orifice tube, vacuumed and recharged ~ proper amount of oil in comp. and followed instructions to the "T". I am in south Texas, temp at time of recharge ~ 95 outside air blowing 40 inside ~ everything is cool (pun intended). Now when I am driving down the road at or above 40 the temp raises to around 75. When I get to a stop, cools back down.

HELP ??

Old 08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Johnboy11
Rookie

WOW i love the wood grain dash ... Is that stock?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Formosa Joe
I feel this would be a good place to start about mt a/c probs. I have a '95 1500 5.2 2 wheel drive Ram, just had a/c redone, new comp, new accum, new orifice tube, vacuumed and recharged ~ proper amount of oil in comp. and followed instructions to the "T". I am in south Texas, temp at time of recharge ~ 95 outside air blowing 40 inside ~ everything is cool (pun intended). Now when I am driving down the road at or above 40 the temp raises to around 75. When I get to a stop, cools back down.

HELP ??
If everything was replaced and is working properly, then I would say you have an issue with now enough air getting across your condenser. You may need to check your Fan Clutch and see if that is free wheeling too much or if it is properly activating and blowing enough air through. Do you have a manifold gauge set? If so, hook it up and get everything up to operating temp, then while keeping an eye on your gauges spray your condenser with cool water and see if the pressure changes. If it doesn't, then you have a slugged condenser.

Quick Reply: A/C Issue