2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gas mileage went way down

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 2damnyankee
i found my original build sheet and i got a 26 gal tank
Perhaps earlier on it was an option, and not standard like it was in later model years.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

All the websites that contain specifications only list the 26gal and 35gal tanks for 1995. As previously posted, the short bed trucks had 26gal tanks. However, I seem to remember reading that Ctd and V10 shortbed trucks had the 34 gal tank.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM
cmckenna
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no the fuel rails are clean and the injector's are spot less. air supply is clean and all the sensors are new IAC, MAP,TPS and the O2 before the cat. plus the cat is hollowed out now. i was woundering if that may be the cause of it not getting any back pressure now that I reamed it out.
How do you know the inside of the fuel rails are clean? If it's a 95, which is only one year older than mine, there may be rust in them. I live out in LA where it is bone dry almost and mine were loaded with rust on the inside. It was pooring out all over the bench. Have you removed them and inspected them? Have you performed a flush through a filter to see if any debris comes out? Spotless on the outside means nothing when it comes to the internals. Are those new injectors or old injectors? Has anyone done a spray test on them to ensure that the flow is not restricted?

If all proves to be clean and up to par, I would find it safe to say that it's probably not tuned in yet. Give it some time and to relearn and then compare it.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
2damnyankee
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmckenna
How do you know the inside of the fuel rails are clean? If it's a 95, which is only one year older than mine, there may be rust in them. I live out in LA where it is bone dry almost and mine were loaded with rust on the inside. It was pooring out all over the bench. Have you removed them and inspected them? Have you performed a flush through a filter to see if any debris comes out? Spotless on the outside means nothing when it comes to the internals. Are those new injectors or old injectors? Has anyone done a spray test on them to ensure that the flow is not restricted?

If all proves to be clean and up to par, I would find it safe to say that it's probably not tuned in yet. Give it some time and to relearn and then compare it.
the fuel fuel rails are brand new when i did the plenum less than a month ago. second i took the injector's over to a friend of mine that works for dodge and he hooked them up to the injector cleaner for (cost me a whole case a beer ) i love it when people work for beer.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Rockyhigh360
Veteran

I get about 9.5 in town with my superchip set to 87 oct. When I bought it, I got 15 in town and 18 on highway.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

^^ That makes no sense at all. Why would you be running the super chips if it causes you to loose mileage? It sounds like you were better off with the stock program.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 PM
cmckenna
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the fuel fuel rails are brand new when i did the plenum less than a month ago. second i took the injector's over to a friend of mine that works for dodge and he hooked them up to the injector cleaner for (cost me a whole case a beer ) i love it when people work for beer.
Oh, ok, yours are new. That works. Out here they charge a boatload for cleaning injectors.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Rockyhigh360
Veteran

If I wanted good gas millage, I would by a civic, except they're kinda hard to wheel @ 12,000 feet.

Quick Reply: gas mileage went way down