2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram 1500 Warmup??? Sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:34 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I was wondering. I hate to think I am beating on it but I do have to hammer down to get the desired excelleration.

UPDATE I did reset the computer and it seems to have fixed the warmup problem but as for the hissing, it hasn't stopped and I cannot afford to have it taken in at the moment. Any Ideas?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:08 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

UPDATE!!! It's the Plenum. But from what I hear, having the hughes kit and some other Napa parts should fix this for the life of the truck. Just hoping that is all I have to do with the economy the way it is.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:11 PM
yakkier
Banned

Nice!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well good that you found the problem anyways.... although a bad airbox gasket woulda been a hell of a lot easier than the plenum.....

And ya, these trannys shift waaay to early. It seems alot of us on here turn the O/D off up to cruisin speeds. I've been doing it for almost a year, so much nicer to have that extra little snap if ya give er a shot than when its in overdrive. And sounds way better too if ya have an exhaust on er

Old 01-25-2010, 09:15 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum

And ya, these trannys shift waaay to early. It seems alot of us on here turn the O/D off up to cruisin speeds. I've been doing it for almost a year, so much nicer to have that extra little snap if ya give er a shot than when its in overdrive. And sounds way better too if ya have an exhaust on er
I know what you mean. I had the Flowmaster 3" single cat back installed. Now that it has been running lean for so long now I have to gut the cat. No emissions here so I think I'll just stab it with the good ol' 4ft pry bar and rev it outa there.

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram 1500 Warmup??? Sluggish