2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight cleanup

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:02 PM
caddy_man43
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting headlights out

i am haveing the same thing with the headlights dingy, dim, dont hardly know they are on, i bought new lights complete but dont have a clue as to where to start on puting them in would you be willing to help in any way you can will be thankful for any help you can give thanks much

Old 09-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The procedure is not really something I can detail in here. It was pretty much trial and error for me and I did scratch the bumper a little doing it. Get a Haynes or Chilton manual for a little help. You have to remove the parking lamp housings first. One screw underneath holds them in and then they slide forward to come out. There are three long screws that hold the headlight to the plastic frame. They have ball ends held on by a metal clip. Removing the metal clips will allow you to work the headlight out to where you can undo the bulb connectors and remove it. It takes some wiggling, but it can be done. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Headlight cleanup