2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pissed off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
99DRAM31887
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea there as well I used to work at Autozone and I sold some to a young girl who had her license plates stolen at school. Its sad how crazy this world has gotten where no ones property is safe.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 99DRAM31887
Yea there as well I used to work at Autozone and I sold some to a young girl who had her license plates stolen at school. Its sad how crazy this world has gotten where no ones property is safe.
lol my buddy in california had his plates stolen and used in a robbery... pitiful, good thing he reported them stolen or they would have visited him with warrants I'm sure.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
Do you think it was someone who dislikes the flag?
That was my first thought, but in Georgia?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:21 PM
cmckenna
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same with mine out here in Los Angeles area. Got pulled over one morning for no plates. Didn't even know they were gone. I now use security fasteners and so far, knock on wood, the haven't torn them off the truck yet.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
That was my first thought, but in Georgia?

Oh yea, You got it. Alot of people in the south dont even know what the flag means. They assume your a racist ***** and they go all nuts on you for having it on your ride. Its sad you cant even represent where your from anymore. I was going to get a confederate flag tag for the front of my truck. But decided against it for that very reason. Cause i knew id get **** for it and end up getting in it with somebody

Yes i know, its rediculous that people in the south would get so UPSET over such a thing... And thats what it represents...The south!

Last edited by DODGEPWR; 09-16-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There them kinda people everywhere

Old 09-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DODGEPWR
Oh yea, You got it. Alot of people in the south dont even know what the flag means. They assume your a racist ***** and they go all nuts on you for having it on your ride. Its sad you cant even represent where your from anymore. I was going to get a confederate flag tag for the front of my truck. But decided against it for that very reason. Cause i knew id get **** for it and end up getting in it with somebody

Yes i know, its rediculous that people in the south would get so UPSET over such a thing... And thats what it represents...The south!
The thing is it means different things to different people..(be open minded here guys) While It may mean something patriotic to the south to you now it stood for different views and opinions to different people at different times . In our countries history, some were good and some not so good (or liked) and many younger people now see it as something completely different than say thier grandparents did. I live in the north and even I see that... Hell, a small town about an hour from me got in trouble a couple years ago for hanging both the american and the confederate flag alternating between each at every light post on their main street on the forth of july....that was around the time they tried outlawing it from any type of offical recognition or use. I dont know if that actually worked but I know they put the flags back up anymore. I see nothing wrong with it myself... but understand there may be some reason some dont like it as they see it as something its not.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 09-16-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
xray99
Banned

CSA design is great, just know going in that it will indeed **** off a certain segment of society.
Hell, alot of muslim/mexican/negro dominated areas around Detroit here you will get targeted for flying the current American flag, to say nothing of CSA.
I gave up a long time ago worrying about pissing people off, any time you take a course or action not deemed certifiably PC, you can expect to take some heat - Expect some lumps, and wear that as a badge of honor.

Last edited by xray99; 09-16-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
The thing is it means different things to different people..(be open minded here guys) While It may mean something patriotic to the south to you now it stood for different views and opinions to different people at different times . In our countries history, some were good and some not so good (or liked) and many younger people now see it as something completely different than say thier grandparents did. I live in the north and even I see that... Hell, a small town about an hour from me got in trouble a couple years ago for hanging both the american and the confederate flag alternating between each at every light post on their main street on the forth of july....that was around the time they tried outlawing it from any type of offical recognition or use. I dont know if that actually worked but I know they put the flags back up anymore. I see nothing wrong with it myself... but understand there may be some reason some dont like it as they see it as something its not.
Yea, i understand...That those poeple who dont like it are racist... They just need to learn to let curtain things go. The past is the past.

I know exactly what it means and what happend. I def dont need any teachings on the subject.. I know everything there is to know.

Originally Posted by xray99
CSA design is great, just know going in that it will indeed **** off a certain segment of society.
Hell, alot of muslim/mexican/negro dominated areas around Detroit here you will get targeted for flying the current American flag, to say nothing of CSA.
I gave up a long time ago worrying about pissing people off, any time you take a course or action not deemed certifiably PC, you can expect to take some heat - Expect some lumps, and wear that as a badge of honor.

Well, i dont want anyone messin with my truck while its parked outside a wal-mart or a restaurant. Cause more than likely i will never catch the person and i will just stay pissed about it. And if i were to get into it with somone about it it would not be pretty, Id be in jail and so would they. My proud *** would be sittin in jail for awhile LOL

Last edited by DODGEPWR; 09-16-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 PM
xray99
Banned

Originally Posted by DODGEPWR
Well, i dont want anyone messin with my truck while its parked outside a wal-mart or a restaurant. Cause more than likely i will never catch the person and i will just stay pissed about it. And if i were to get into it with somone about it it would not be pretty, Id be in jail and so would they. My proud *** would be sittin in jail for awhile LOL
Do whats right for you, I understand where your coming from.
I've had anti gay bumper stickers scratched off from my truck, I put em right back on.
If someone ripped off my stars n bars, I'd likely put up a CSA flag, just to **** em off - And yeah, I'd get mighty upset too with anyone messin with my property.

Idealogical/cultural/racial extremists will never be satisfied, no matter what anyone does to take care not to offend them, so I don't even try any more.
They are provoked by us just drawing breath, and their idea of free speech goes only insofar as they happen to agree with it, folks like that I enjoy, if only symbolically, spitting in their eye - And if I have to risk a little damage to my truck to do it, thats just the way it is.

Last edited by xray99; 09-16-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Pissed off.