2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pissed off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 AM
97r/tram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pissed off.

To make problems worse in a torrential downpour when I came out of class yesterday in college, I decided to turn on my fog lights, When I noticed that they didn't come on, I popped the hood and went to the front of the truck. When I got to the front of the truck, somebody had stolen the fog lamps off the bumper (broken clean off the mounts), my confederate flag tag off of the bumper, and my chrome radio antenna off of the mount. I made a police report, but I doubt they can so **** about it. It just pisses me off when somebody will vandalize people's property like this.

Does anybody know of a locking, covered license plate mount?

Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's called locktite, or use some bolts with a funky head on them, like a square bit or even a T-xx bit. Those two drivers aren't common enough for many people to carry around with them.

Be happy that's all it was. When I was in HS, I didn't lock my truck doors, and came out of school one day to see someone had opened my door, pop the window control switch plate out of the door, and ran off with the whole assembly. Didn't really noticed until I turned the key on and both windows rolled down instantly. It was colder than hell out there that day, and I had to drive home with both my windows down....

Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well that sucks for both of ya. i think they make a recessed triangle screw also.
you could just get bolts long enough to go clean through the bumper and round off the threads behind the nut on the back side.

the cops won't do anything about it either. you may see it in the newspaper but thats about it.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i got some weird plate bolts that are cones with notches. I'll try to get a pic for ya later. How do people not know the #1 rule you don't **** with a mans ride

Old 09-16-2009, 01:10 PM
97r/tram
Veteran

Thanks for the advise. I'll try that next time. But they can't even use the fog lights. they broke the mounts clean off of the light assembly.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Do you think it was someone who dislikes the flag?

Old 09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had my old jeep broken into a couple times and the last time the scumbag tried to set it on fire I'm guessing to destroy his fingerprints....anyway the police basically told me that if the total damage was under $1500 its basically a waste of time to even report it as far as expecting them to do anything about it.....unless they happen to bust the guy and find a stash and compare it to stolen items report...
I was so pissed they stole a bunch of my car stereo stuff and busted everything up they didnt take.....Glad I didnt catch them or I'd probably be doing time for losing my temper and doing something I'd regret.... I've got no tolerance for people like that and our systems leniency and stupid excuses we make to cover poor parenting is just as much to blame. Its one thing (I guess) if your desperate and trying to feed yourself. but stealing petty stuff and damaging stuff just to be an @sshole is worse in my opinion and never understood it even as a kid.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
99DRAM31887
Veteran

Hey 97r/tram those bolts bluebeast was talking about are carried at autozone and other autopart stores

Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

yup I think I might have gotten mine at walmart

Old 09-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 99DRAM31887
Hey 97r/tram those bolts bluebeast was talking about are carried at autozone and other autopart stores
and advanced auto, bought them with my plate holders they come with the special tool to remove them. Just dont loose it.

Quick Reply: Pissed off.