2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lifting a 1994 1500

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sure there your gf sun glasses.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Twisted Metal
next i have to fix the rust on the bed which won't be too bad. ( bondo and some spray foam insulation)

Really?

....The trucks got 184,000 miles on it and he a kid, Its his first truck..... The other guy asked why he'd even bother fixing it....I see nothing wrong with trying to make it look more presentable for the last couple years of its life without breaking the bank on it....He's probably on a very small budget I remember having a wishlist two pages long of things I wanted to do to my first car but couldnt afford... bondo or fiberglass is better than the rust as long as the rust is cut away and things are sealed up good when applying it...But if you ever do sell it inform the buyer of what you did!

Old 09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
360mag45
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude save the mouny for the diesel you say you want to do the lift to learn how lift trucks trust me its not hard at all.3" and smaller are the easyest to lift its when you get into the bigger lifts thats when the fun starts. save the so you can roll some coal with that cummins.(but if you got the lift already don't get 35s get 285/75/16 like a 33" way cheaper thats wht i run)

Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Kody

Yes you can call me a kid Im 17. I been workin on this sort of stuff and tinkering with mechanics since i was 8 or 9.

I have the ability to fix the rust right. My dad is a welder by trade but lately he has not even had time to say hi to me. The rust really p***es me off because it makes my truck look bad. I have all the tools to cut out the old rust etc. I did the cab corners over the summer when i had time but now time is runnin short with having school and the Gf always wantin to hang out. I told her ok we can hang out, how bout you come over here and we can do some body work.... That didn't go over too well lol.

I want to find a brush uard for my truck and that will be the only modifacation that i will do to it now. I am gonna start repairing the rust tonight, and then weld up the rest of my exhaust.

Thanks again for your help,

And i do hope to be rollin coal in a cummins come spring time ;D

Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Twisted Metal
Captain

Kody, I pointed that out only because if you have the ability and tools to do it properly, why go a half assed route? Girlfriends, at your age are like buses. As soo as you hop off one, anther one is going by for you to hop right on to( ahh to be young... such memories... ). Bottom line is your gonna do what you want to do, as you can tell I am not a fan of bondo, filler, spray foam or anything that is not metal for body repair. Don't be a "sc*mb*g" and try to pass off cheap body work as a quality repair, there are enough "sc*mb*gs" out ther now that do that crap.

(BTW, judging by the time of your post, shouldn't you be in school? LOL)

Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Kody

I don't gotta leave for school till 7:50 then i drive like 5 minutes away for it.

My truck has been giving me these weird stalling and rough idle problems now.

Also Dad went and made me put my thrush glasspack back inline
And this Girlfriend is a pretty decent one. ( besides where else do you find a girl that will drive tractors and help you out around the house? )

I was reading that if your battery is not putting out a certain voltage the PCM in the truck will get weird and cause these problems? Is that true? I might try swapping another battery i have laying around into it.

About the body work. I was looking at it more today and the spray foam will not work. I need to use bondo for the cab corners because they overlap on the body. So there is a slight bump between them.

Thanks again,

Kody

Old 09-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Kody

Well the other morning i found a cummins. There are two one that is road legal and 2wd and the other is parts. They are both dually and in fair shape. the road legal one has 189k on it and is automatic. For the pair it is $850. I also found another 89 with a 5 speed and 4x4 was a cummins truck but the guy is using the motor to swap into a ford ( eww ). so if i bought both the trucks and put em together i would have a decent truck. that is waht im going to shoot for. I had contacted the guy with the two trucks the day the ad was posted but somehow i do not get first dibbs?? I emailed at 7 am that morning so don't know whats up with that. hopefully after saturday the trucks did not sell.

Thanks again for your guys' help,

Kody

EDIT: i don't know the policy on double posting here? On other forums im with it is 24 hours. Hope i don't make anyone mad cause i posted twice.

Quick Reply: Lifting a 1994 1500