2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about "death flash"

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Ram_Me
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1996s could have a death flash. My first one didn't, my second one did, dated 1997. The PCM usually has an out of place sticker saying "Chrysler Authorized Software Update," then a date and maybe a signature of some sort.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:11 AM
RedRigRon
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ram_Me
1996s could have a death flash. My first one didn't, my second one did, dated 1997. The PCM usually has an out of place sticker saying "Chrysler Authorized Software Update," then a date and maybe a signature of some sort.
Ya but if you can't see from the faded sticker or have some remains of what was once a sticker, then go to the dealer. I had that problem and went to the dealer to find out.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Ram_Me
Captain

Originally Posted by RedRigRon
Ya but if you can't see from the faded sticker or have some remains of what was once a sticker, then go to the dealer. I had that problem and went to the dealer to find out.
Yes, but I was letting the other '96ers know. You could also look behind the grill on the hood, or on the radiator support like others said. But if those aren't there or they can't be read, I'd go with what you said.

Quick Reply: Question about "death flash"