2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Blend door?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
mugsaway
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend door?

Have no idea what is wrong. I think it's the blend door but a mechanic I am not.......

When driving with AC on - it will work but at times it will stop blowing cold air. It in turn blows how air. When this happens I hear a "thunk", like a flap covered a hole - this comes from the glove box area. Also, I cannot adjust the temp....it's either cold or hot.

When driving with AC on - when working but coming to a stop it will start to blow hot air. When this happens I hear a "thunk", like a flap covered a hole - this comes from the glove box area.

When using just the panel or floor setting, I cannot adjust the temp at all. It ALWAYS blows hot air.

Can this be the blend door? Can I be lucky enough to just replace the control panel? If the blend door, how much of a pita will this be? Can I do this myself? Where is the blend door located and how to I get to it?

Thanks

Old 10-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do a search for "wild or crazy vents" as this has been covered in detail already. The blend door may not be the problem.

You didn't need to start a new thread on this after you already posted to the "blend door fix" thread.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 10-16-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Blend door?